I started off with the idea that I would make an easy chocolate fudge; however, that quickly turned into these Peppermint Mocha Mallow Squares. They could be called fudge and taste like fudge, but it’s not the same taste of fudge that I am used to that my grandma used to make by the truck load! So, I decided they are not fudge…although maybe they are. Confused yet?
Delicious? Yes! These are absolutely delicious and approved by my husband and son!
I know he liked them when he is completely covered in chocolate and in this picture was trying to beg me for another one. Then, he started grabbing for the plate…he had to be restrained, of course so did I.
As you make these and mix together the ingredients in the pan it may look like a beautiful disaster; however, do not worry they will turn out perfectly!
Lots of peppermint candy do the trick after making the plate of ‘fudge’ nice and smooth! Then, it’s as easy as letting them harden in the fridge!
Peppermint Mocha Mallow Squares
- 3 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 1 7 oz Jar Jet Puff Marshmallow Cream
- In a medium saucepan, keep the heat ranging from low to medium and add in the chocolate chips, milk, and butter. Continue by stirring this until it is well melted and smooth.
- Next, pour into a greased 8x8 dish then spread the marshmallow cream and about 1/2 cup peppermint crunch baking chips on top. Take a knife and mix it into the chocolate chips. This is the point in the picture above that I noted it will look like a beautiful disaster. Keep going...
- Next, smooth out the mixture so that it's completely smooth and can harden. Top with the additional baking chips covering the top and let it harden for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- I like to let mine harden overnight so that it does not melt quickly. When it is hard, cut into squares and enjoy.
Happy Candy Eating!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.