Make delicious Peppermint Mocha Biscotti & Coffee Gift Idea!
One of my absolute favorite gift giving items involves coffee. Of course because I LOVE coffee. Now, before giving this gift, it would probably be a good idea to be sure the recipient loves coffee as much as you do, but really why would someone not love coffee? That’s just wrong! Now it’s time to make Peppermint Mocha Biscotti & Coffee Gift Idea for your special someone.
I decided to use my tried and true biscotti recipe, then dip each one in chocolate and coat it with crushed candy canes.
Perfection! It’s also so pretty to look at, it makes the perfect addition to a gift basket or holiday treats. I always like to pick up a holiday inspired mug too, I tend to love coffee mugs. I may have a bit of a fetish!
I paired this with the seasonal flavors of coffee, you can choose any that you prefer. This one though paired perfectly with these.
I actually love making this for teachers and friends too because my son can get involved helping make the biscotti as well. It makes for a great activity for us to do together, plus I love eating them later. The biggest thing for him is that he doesn’t understand that they go in coffee, so they are hard not soft like cookies. The good thing is we made cookies the same day we made these, so it all worked out for him.
Are you ready to make delicious biscotti and pair it with a winter variety of coffee?
Peppermint Mocha Biscotti
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour or GF All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Baker's Chocolate
- Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350*.
- Next combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, butter, vanilla, and eggs. Mix this well.
- Then, fold in the white chocolate chips.
- At this point on a greased baking dish, I make 2 logs out of the dough. These can be about 8" long x 4" wide, or the size you prefer. I also flatten them down a bit; however, they do not rise much so be sure and keep that in mind.
- Bake these for 30 minutes, until the dough sets.
- Remove from oven and using knife, cut diagonally. At this point, you simply want to make the impression. You do not need to separate them entirely, but this makes it easier to cut them when they are completely done.
- Once you have done this, place back in the oven at 275* for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool and use a knife to separate them.
- Once they are cool, melt the chocolate per the package instructions. Dip each piece in the melted chocolate, then dip in the crushed candy canes. Place on parchment paper and let harden. Continue this with all biscotti.
- Makes about 12-16 biscotti depending on the size of the pieces.
- According to the original recipe these last for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container, at my house they barely last a few days because we eat them all!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking