Peppermint Mocha No Bake Cookies & Oatmeal Recipes make for a great way to get the holidays off to the right start.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker. All opinions are mine alone. #QuakerUp #MyOatsCreation #CollectiveBias
It’s officially the week the holidays begin, which means lots of holiday parties will soon be upon us. Last weekend, I had my family over for a little holiday party as we gear up for Christmas. It was a great time to just be together and plan our holiday. At our party the main feature was all of the oatmeal recipes!
We like to draw names for gifts each year, so it was a great party to do that and to see who we will be shopping for. This year, we are doing it a bit different and we are doing couple gifts instead of individual gifts for everyone. We also decided to scale back on the budget a bit as it’s so easy to go overboard on the holiday gift giving, at least it is for me!
Our party was a great way to try out some new recipes and treats for the holidays too. My son and I are going to make a lot of holiday treats to take to friends and family so at our party I tried out a few that I’ll be sharing soon like Christmas Bark.
I also decided to do a mini-hot chocolate bar. I dipped the cups in chocolate to create a chocolate rim, then placed a few toppings beside them for guests to pick and choose what they like in their hot chocolate.
Next, I picked up a box of the limited edition Quaker Oats only at Target to create both my Tangy Meatballs and Peppermint No Bake Cookies. I’m fairly certain I could eat both of these plates of food all by myself. Although by the end of the day I felt the need to roll to bed and live in stretchy pants for life.
The Peppermint No Bake Cookies are perfect for the holidays and so easy to make. They are even great for the kids to learn to make too if you have kids old enough to help you in the kitchen.
Next up, it was time to spend with family. It was perfect too because the day of our party it was snowing and we had a cozy fire going. It was the perfect way to spend a snow day. Of course, my little girl made her way up on a chair and found a bowl of popcorn in all of a second!
What recipes do you share for holiday parties? Be sure to share your ideas with us!
Make sure to stop in Target for the limited edition of Quaker, only found at Target!
Peppermint Mocha No Bake Cookies
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Butter 1 Stick
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1/3 Cup Crushed Peppermint
- 3 Cups Oats or Gluten Free Certified Oats
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- I started by crushing the peppermint. In order to do this, I simply put about 10-15 peppermint candies in the food processor and ground them into a nice peppermint dust.
- Begin by combining the sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Let this boil at least 1 1/2-2 minutes, I typically go with 1 1/2 minutes. Be sure not to let it boil over 2 minutes or they will not set correctly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint, oats, and vanilla. Drop the cookies in tablespoon fulls on wax or parchment paper then let them cool until hardened. At this point, I almost always put mine in the fridge to harden.
- Makes 2 Dozen