Make the BEST Pellet Grill Lobster Tails with Garlic Butter, these are full of flavor and ready to serve in about 20 minutes or less!
We are hitting the time of year when most of us will be outside grilling more and more, what better food to grill than Pellet Grill Lobster Tails?
These can be made on your Pellet Grill or Smoker, they are ready in less than 20 minutes and full of a garlic butter flavor!
This recipe is going to be adapted from my Ninja Foodi Grilled Lobster Tails.
How do you prepare lobster tail?
The most tricky part of cooking Lobster Tail is simply splitting the tail and pulling the meat to the top.
The best way to do this is to use sharp kitchen scissors and cut the tail in half all the way up to the fin.
Once you’ve done this, carefully pull the tail apart and put your fingers around the meat to pull the meat to the top of the tail.
Once it’s on top, shut the tail underneath it, this brings the meat to the top of the tail and the tail itself will be empty.
This technique is the best way to butterfly a lobster tail.
Once this is done, that’s the trickiest part, now you can easily grill your lobster tail.
What pellets should you use for Pellet Grill Lobster Tail?
Hickory or Mesquite pellets work well for this recipe. We tend to always use a pellet blend of flavors.
Remember that the pellets used will directly impact the flavor of the lobster tail.
Tips for Making Pellet Grill Lobster Tails:
This lobster tail will be coated with a garlic butter mixture and then placed directly on the grill grates at 500*F.
Lobster tail cooks very quickly on the pellet grill, so it’s imperative to have a meat thermometer on hand so that you can get the correct temperature. They will be done at 165*F.
A probe that comes with your grill can also be used.
Lobster Tail may seem intimidating but it’s actually one of the easiest things to make on the grill, it’s also fabulous paired with Grilled Filet Mignon.
More Compound Butter:
This recipe uses melted garlic butter, but these can also be used:
Pellet Grill Lobster Tails
- 2-4 Lobster Tail
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the pellet grill to 500*F, use any type of pellet that you prefer. We use mixed pellets.
- Start by using kitchen scissors to cut the lobster, cut down the center of the tail until you reach the fins, do not cut the fins.
- Pull apart the tail and use your fingers to bring the meat up to the top and close the shell. When you are cutting it should create a butterfly effect to the meat to allow it to easily be moved to the top of the shell, see video for a tutorial.
- In a small dish, melt the butter and add the garlic and parsley, mix it well.
- Coat each of the lobster with the butter mixture well with a brush.
- Once they are coated and the grill is heated, place the lobster tail directly onto the grates of the pellet grill.
- Close the lid and grill for 10 minutes or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of at least 145*F.
- Carefully remove and serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!