As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for the holidays with Peanut Butter Vanilla Chex Party Mix!
As the holidays draw closer, the holiday treat season is in full swing. My kitchen is bustling with sweets and treats to send to neighbors, friends, and family.
In our family one of the treats we make each year is our own variation of Chex Mix. We called ours Goop because my grandma made it with basically anything and everything she had in her pantry.
We made Goop using Chex cereal as a kid regularly. I have so many memories of being at my grandma’s house making large batches of it then heading out to all the family members to deliver the Christmas treats.
Each year seeing Chex Party Mix during the holidays brings back an overflow of memories.
This year, I decided to make Goop along with trying a new variation of Chex Party Mix the Peanut Butter Vanilla Chex® Party Mix. This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make and is very family friendly.
I was able to have my son help me with this.
I love being able to make simple recipes such as this one that he can help with because I know he’ll look back and have memories of making Chex Party Mix with me as he gets older just as I did with my grandma.
How do you make Peanut Butter Vanilla Chex Party Mix?
I used Chex cereal for this recipe along with honey-roasted peanuts, M&M’s, and marshmallows. I would also add in some raisins too for another good flavor added to the mix.
A few things I love about Chex cereal is that I am able to make the party mix gluten free, plus they have a variety of flavors. They are each light and crunchy which gives the party mix the perfect touch.
Chex Party Mix is a tradition in our family and now they have a wide variety of recipes that you can use to create memories with your family.
Now, head into the kitchen and make some memories with your family!
Peanut Butter Vanilla Chex Mix
- 6 Cups Rice Chex® Cereal
- 1 Cup White Vanilla Baking Chips
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 Cup Red & Green M&M's
- 1 Cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil or waxed paper. Place 3 cups cereal in large bowl. In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Pour melted chips over cereal in bowl; stir to evenly coat. Spread mixture in single layer on one of the cookie sheets. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
- 2. Repeat the above using the remaining cereal and the peanut butter chips; refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
- 3. Gently break up coated cereal into large bowl. Add candy, peanuts, and marshmallows; stir gently to combine. Store in airtight container.