This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and eMeals all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #eMealstotheresuce http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.
The kids have homework, husband is running late from work, dishes are dirty, clothes are piled up to be folded, and toys are scattered all over the house. Sound about right? That is pretty much the life of families everywhere in some variation of that scenario. Then, the cries of “I’m hungry, mom” and “What’s for dinner?” start filtering through the air.
Only then you realize, you don’t know what’s for dinner yet. As you start to rack your brain of what to make for dinner you then realize that you only have part of the ingredients you need for just about every recipe that you have to work with. Now, does that sound familiar?
That was my life before menu planning. It was chaotic and dinner was the last on the list even though eating healthy meals should of been a priority. Thankfully, now it is and I strategically plan out my menus to be sure they are. Of course there are always times when changes have to be made but for the most part I always know “What’s for dinner?”.
I have shared several times in my Menu Planning classes about eMeals. eMeals was created by moms who constantly ran into the problem of not knowing what to fix for dinner or not having all that they needed. They also simply did not have the time to menu plan. Their motto and concept was to feed their families, save time, and preserve their sanity. Sounds like the mantra of moms everywhere, right?
eMeals consist of 4 easy steps that will get you back on the path of sanity and eating healthy too!
- Pick your Plan – 13 plans to choose from that cover several styles of cooking due to allergies or diets.
- Get Great Recipes – Each week you will get the menu plan in your inbox, complete with 7 simple recipes and side dishes.
- Shop and Save – Along with those recipes come the detailed grocery list. All you do is print and shop!
- Relax and Enjoy – Now relax because you have all you need to make those delicious dinners with no thought or planning on your part for dinner time!
I am so excited to share that I was recently able to try out eMeals, and I have to say that the concept is brilliant! I am constantly meal planning for my blog being that I do recipes so frequently, but just being able to print of a meal plan and go on weeks that I simply do not have time to meal plan…that is a sanity saver!
This week I decided to try one of the recipes from my gluten free eMeals Menu Plan for Pasta Salad with Broccoli. Not only was this a great meatless meal for dinner but it also served as a delicious meal for lunch too!
I love that I was able to use up some of my fresh garden veggies too that we had on hand as well in our freezer. This was a great pantry style meal for our dinner time rush! It’s also one you can make ahead even the night before. I thought it would be great served with a light sandwich or even soup.
I decided to go with a spiral pasta instead of the thin spaghetti but any pasta will work.
Pasta Salad with Broccoli
- 8 oz Box of Gluten Free Pasta
- 12 oz Bag Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Cup Diced onion
- 1 Tomato Diced
- 1/2 Cucumber Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Italian Dressing
- 1/8 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Once it is drained place in a larged bowl.
- Steam the broccoli according to the package directions then drain and add to the bowl.
- Next add in the onion, tomatoes, cucumber, dressing, honey cheese, and salt. Mix this well.
- Cover it tightly and store in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Adapted From: eMeals [/print_recipe]
Now are you ready to get started on your menu planning revolution? eMeals is offering a coupon right now use the code RESCUE and get 35% off a 1 year subscription. This offer expires on December 15th, 2013! Sign up is simple and only 4 steps!
Have you or do you use eMeals? Let us know what you think!