For a few months now, I’ve had Zucchini Boats on my menu plan. I knew that they would be perfect to use up some sausage that I had in the freezer. This recipe was inspired by the Taste of Home Parmesan Pork Zucchini Boats. I adapted it a bit and made these into party size Zucchini Boats to take to a small group that I attended.
To serve these as a main dish, simply serve the full Zucchini Boat with a side of rice to make a nice, balanced meal.
Enjoy this delicious dish!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Parmesan Pork Zucchini Boats
- 4 Medium Sized Zucchini
- 1 Lb Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- 1/2 White Onion Diced
- 1 Red Pepper Diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove Chopped
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven the 350*.
- Begin by cutting the Zucchini lengthwise, then scooping out the pulp and set aside. I found this was easiest using a tablespoon size measuring spoon. Be sure to discard any pulp with seeds.
- In a large skillet on medium heat begin cooking the sausage and the onion. Once the sausage is well cooked, drain it and return to the skillet. At this point add in the peppers, garlic, and the zucchini pulp. I let this simmer for 5-10 minutes until soft and well mixed.
- Fill each zucchini half with the mixture then top with Parmesan cheese.
- Place these in a greased 9x13 casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- To make these party size, I simply cut them in fourths.