One of my favorite chicken recipes is this Oven Fried Chicken, so I decided recently to mix it up and use it for turkey legs!
I have a thing for turkey legs! Yes, a thing. They are so good! I also love the crunchy skin on turkey legs and chicken but I like to do a lighter version of ‘frying’ because it already has enough oils and juice in it without using more oil to fry it in. This simple recipe uses flour and a few spices then you simply coat it over the turkey legs and ‘oven fry’ it.
I love the result because it is a crunchy, juicy fried taste without all the unnecessary oil! Perfection!
This was one of those recipes that I barely made it through taking pictures without eating one. These are best served right out of the oven because that is when the meat is nice and juicy. I always feel like when they are reheated later although they are still good, the meat is a little bit dried out at that point.
This recipe can be adapted for Oven Fried Chicken or really any type of meat you would want to ‘oven fry’.
Head on over and join me for a Turkey Leg!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Oven Fried Turkey Legs
- 4 Turkey Legs
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Mix the flour, salt, paprika, and pepper. Coat the turkey legs with the flour mixture.
- Spray a 13x9x2 pan with cooking spray.
- Then, place the turkey legs in the pan.
- Cook these for 30 minutes, then carefully turn them over using tongs and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.