As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
At least one night each weekend after my son goes to bed my husband and I have a movie night. Lately, it’s been watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix, since we are officially hooked to that series! Nevertheless, with movie nights snacks and food is always a must!
We have since discovered that we were in the groove of having a pizza every movie night, but we needed to mix it up a little bit so on our last movie night we decided to do some oven nachos!
We learned that although the first time we used Colby jack cheese, it’s best to use pepper jack to add some more flavor. These nachos are so easy and can be easily adapted to fit the taste you may have. They can be topped with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, corn, beans, salsa, or anything else you may love on your nachos! The meat can also be substituted to use chicken or turkey as well.
These make a great snack or dinner! This recipe uses the Homemade Taco Seasoning.
- White Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- 1 Lb Pepperjack Cheese, Grated
- Toppings (Lettuce, Black Olives, Tomatoes, Salsa, Beans, Corn, Etc)
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Cook and drain the ground beef, then add in the taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Let this simmer until the seasoning has fully soaked into the beef.
- Using a 9x13 casserole dish, place a layer of tortilla chips, then top with the beef and cheese. Let this bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite toppings!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.