Are you preparing for Mother’s Day? If so, then this No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake is a must have to show mom just how much you love her!
Does anyone else feel like Mother’s Day crept up on us this year? I sure do! It’s okay though because with Sara Lee Desserts & Cool Whip, you are going to have the BEST dessert to serve mom.
I have always love a delicious poke cake, so I thought that combining strawberries, Sara Lee Pound Cake, and Cool Whipped topping with gelatin would be a match made in heaven. The only thing is I knew that chocolate had to be a part of this delicious treat, so each strawberry got dipped in chocolate.
Mom will never say no to these! I think eating a slice of this cake, sitting outside and enjoying a nice day with mom is the perfect Mother’s Day treat.
Sara Lee and Cool Whip deliver a winning recipe because they both pair so well together. Now what do I love the most? I love that I can keep both the Sara Lee Desserts and Cool Whip in my freezer. This way I have it on hand when guests come over. There is never a day when Cool Whip isn’t in my freezer, that is just a must have. Did you know they are celebrating their 50th anniversary this month! It’s true, 50 years of delicious!
Now, to make this cake, simply poke it with a fork, then pour the warm gelatin over it. Once it’s over it, place it in the fridge for an hour to harden up. I decided to use a berry flavor which was pink. It would be beautiful with a variety of colors. Once I was done, it was time to frost the cake with Cool Whip then add the dipped strawberries.
I also sliced a pound of strawberries to go around the sides of the cake. This is best plated on a rectangular plate. Then, a drizzle of chocolate over the entire thing sealed it!
It’s the perfect combination!
Are you ready for this treat? You can find Sara Lee Desserts and Cool Whip Whipped Topping products in the frozen foods section at your local Publix now. It’s time to start making these delicious treats.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
- 1 Family Size Sara Lee Pound Cake
- 1 Package of Flavored Gelatin
- 1 Pound Strawberries
- Chocolate Bark
- 1 16 oz Container Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- Begin by placing the cake inside a baking dish with sides, then prepare the gelatin as instructed to warm it up.
- Poke the cake with a fork in various places on top, then pour the warm gelatin over the entire cake.
- Place this in the fridge for one hour to harden.
- While it's in the fridge, warm the chocolate up per the instructions and dip at least 3 strawberries in the chocolate then slice the other strawberries.
- Remove and carefully place the cake on the plate you plan to serve it in.
- Frost with the Cool Whip.
- Add the sliced strawberries around the cake.
- Top with chocolate covered strawberries.
- Top with additional chocolate drizzle and serve.