Make a quick and easy meal that is super tasty with these Ninja Foodi Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers!
If you loved these Ninja Foodi Chicken Skewers then you will really love this version of Ninja Foodi Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers.
What if you don’t have a Ninja Foodi?
That’s okay because I adapted these from my Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers. That means you have a variety of ways to make them and they come out so tasty!
How do you make Ninja Foodi Chicken Skewers?
The first thing you will need is this Skewer Stand for the Ninja Foodi, it works so well in the Foodi. It can be used for a variety of recipes too or for making vegetables as well.
Once you have your stand, it’s a matter of simply prepping the ingredients and placing them in the Ninja Foodi.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers:
These chicken skewers are going to be made with chicken thighs.
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs work the best because they do not dry out as quickly as chicken breast does.
We used 4 chicken thighs and then cut them in half to better fit the skewers and so it comes out with 8 skewers.
As you prepare the sauce, you will want to take note to reserve some because at first, you will be coating the raw chicken. Then, you will want to use it as a sauce for the prepared meal. So it’s important not to contaminate your entire bowl of sauce.
We prefer to serve this with broccoli or a mixed vegetable along with cooked rice, or you can use this Ninja Foodi Rice recipe too.
Can you use store-bought sauce?
This can absolutely be made with store-bought sauce or a variety of sauces like Kung Pao or Teriyaki too.
The same method would be used, but if you are using store-bought your sauce would already be prepared. Again as I mentioned above use a small dish to coat the raw chicken and then reserver additional sauce that is not mixed with the raw chicken to serve it with.
It’s time to eat these tasty Ninja Foodi Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers!
Ninja Foodi Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (Halved to make 8)
- 8 Skewer Sticks or Skewer Set for Ninja Foodi
- 1 Cup Pineapple Chunks & Juice
- 1 Green Pepper Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1 3/4 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Distilled Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- This will be made using the skewer stand for the Ninja Foodi, see the post or notes for the one used.
- Use 4 chicken thighs and cut them in half to fit on the skewer sticks, set aside. Remember to use the metal sticks that come with the stand.
- Add the pepper, onion, and pineapple to each stick then carefully place the chicken on the sticks, then additional pepper, onion, and pineapple. Repeat for each skewer.
- Warm up the olive oil in a medium sized sauce pan on medium-high heat, add in the garlic clove, 1 1/2 Cups water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and the reserved pineapple juice.
- Whisk the cornstarch into a small dish with 1/4 cup water to dissolve it.
- Once the sauce is boiling whisk in the ketchup and cornstarch mixture. Whisk well until thickened.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce into a small bowl and reserve the rest.
- Using the 1/4 cup sauce, brush the sauce over the chicken.
- Place the stand into the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Using the Air Crisp Function, cook this at 390*F for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165*F.
- Carefully remove and serve over rice and vegetables.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!