As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
In minutes, prepare this easy Ninja Foodi Hamburger Helper from scratch, it’s also simple to make gluten-free too!
Did you grow up on Hamburger Helper? If so, this recipe is for you! This easy Ninja Foodi Hamburger Helper is made with frugal ingredients and ready to serve in minutes.
This happens to be one of our many go-to recipes for dinner on a busy evening. These summer days seem to be getting just as busy as the school nights. Our schedule just seems to have filled up this season!
That means recipes such as this are very good to have on hand, not to mention that I hate using my oven in the summer so this is even better.
How do you make this recipe gluten-free?
The only swap that you need for this recipe is to use gluten-free macaroni pasta. This is an easy swap and the pasta is typically sold at most grocery stores.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Hamburger Helper:
This recipe can also be made in an Instant Pot as well, using the same method that will be done for the Ninja Foodi.
It’s best to use very lean ground beef so that you do not have to drain the meat. If you use anything under 80% lean, I suggest draining the meat and then returning it back to the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
When making pasta in the Ninja Foodi, it is a must to release the pressure immediately when the timer goes off. This means you will need to move the nozzle to ‘VENT’ as soon as the cooking time goes off.
If you do not do this, the water in the pot and the steam will soak into the pasta and turn it into pasta mush…no one wants that!
More Ninja Foodi Pasta Recipes:
Enjoy this delicious Ninja Foodi Hamburger Helper!
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 16oz (1 Pound) Box of Elbow Macaroni (Gluten-Free or Regular)
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Parsley, Optional
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Optional
- Turn on Ninja Foodi to SAUTE and add the oil.
- Once heated, add in the onion and garlic and saute until soft about 2-3 minutes.
- Break up the beef into the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Add in the salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, and macaroni pasta.
- Stir to combine.
- Be sure to scrape any cooked ground beef off the bottom.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid onto the Ninja Foodi with the nozzle set to SEAL.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Immediately move the nozzle to 'VENT' once the cooking time is done and release all the pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir well.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese a little at a time and serve immediately with fresh parsley and parmesan.
This can be made gluten-free with gluten-free macaroni pasta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1127mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g