Make this EASY Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie, simple to make gluten-free too!
One of my favorite comfort meals especially in the fall is this Creamy Chicken Pot Pie. I decided to adapt this recipe to make in the Ninja Foodi and I was pleasantly surprised with just how tasty it turned out to be.
We didn’t even have leftovers! The whole family enjoyed it, I’m sure yours will too.
How do you make Gluten-Free Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie?
This recipe is easy to adapt to make gluten-free by using a gluten-free pie crust.
The BEST pie crust mix that I’ve found is this Gluten-Free King Arthur Pie Crust Mix. It works perfectly in this recipe. The original instructions on the box do show that you can make 2 pie crusts out of it. I just did one large pie crust to put on top of the ingredients in the pot of the Ninja Foodi instead of 2.
I was able to find this mix both on Amazon and at my local Walmart.
Remember that this needs to sit in the fridge for about 15 minutes. It’s a good idea to prepare this first and then cook the rest of the pot pie while it’s setting up in the fridge.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie:
This will be made using the pressure cooker function as well as the broil function of the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker. I also use cooked chicken to make this.
If the chicken you are using is not cooked, you can use the pressure cooker chicken recipe to cook it before starting this recipe.
The cream and flour are not added until after the pressure cooking time is over, so be sure to hold that until the pressure cooking is complete.
We serve this right out of the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
It’s also important to note that if you are using a gluten-filled pastry dough the cooking time will likely be closer to 10 minutes, so be sure to watch it closely.
This can be made with any refrigerated pie pastry dough.
Enjoy this Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie!
Ninja Foodi Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie
Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- King Arthur Gluten-Free Pie Crust Mix
- 2 Sticks of Cold Unsalted Butter
- 8 TBSP Water Divided
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 12 oz Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1/4 Cup Diced White Onion
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Thyme
- 2/3 Cup Cream Half and Half
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Begin by preparing the pie crust per the box instructions, this will use the 2 sticks of cold butter and 6 TBSP of water. Instead of making 2 disks as the instructions state, just make one to fit the pot of the Ninja Foodi. This will be the topping of the pot pie.
- In the pot of the Ninja Foodi, add the butter, cooked chicken, chicken broth, mixed vegetables, onion, and thyme.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid onto the Ninja Foodi and move the nozzle to SEAL.
- Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure and set to VENT.
- Carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the cream and flour.
- Carefully place the pie crust disk on top of the ingredients in the pot of the Ninja Foodi. This does not have to be perfect, just place it right on top of the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together water and egg then brush it onto the top of the pastry dough.
- Once this is complete, carefully shut the lid that is attached to the Ninja Foodi.
- Set to broil at 450*F for 15 minutes or until the topping is nice and browned.
- Carefully remove lid and serve.