Make a great meal in minutes with these Ninja Foodi Cheesesteak Sandwiches!
Do you ever just want a tasty hot sandwich with melted cheese? If so, these cheesesteak sandwiches are a perfect choice, plus they take less than 30 minutes using the pressure cooker function of the Ninja Foodi!
These sandwiches are wonderfully paired with Air Fryer Onion Rings too!
What meat should you use for cheesesteak sandwiches?
The best cut of meat for this sandwich is a Ribeye Steak.
The key is to slice it very thin, it’s best to slice against the grain too.
Once you have your meat, it will be topped with onions and provolone cheese. Normally you would serve it on a Hoagie Roll or crusty bread.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Cheesesteak Sandwiches:
Choosing the right steak seasoning is key to making a great-tasting sandwich. We typically will use Weber Steak Seasoning, but you can use any that you prefer. I do like to add a seasoning that has a touch of garlic in it.
The first step is to cook the onions using the SAUTE function of the Ninja Foodi, once that is done, the remaining steps will be done with the Pressure Cooker Function.
To get more flavor from the meal, use beef broth instead of water as the liquid in the pressure cooker.
Once the meat is fully cooked, top the hoagie rolls with meat and cheese. Then, we like to place these back into the Ninja Foodi on the wire rack, use the Air Crisp function, and toast them.
This step will melt the cheese and make those hoagie rolls nice and crispy.
It is perfectly fine though to skip this step and serve them as is!
We do not add any sauce to ours, but you can always add sauce if you prefer. We like to get the cheese nice and melted and serve them.
This recipe serves 4 but could be doubled if that is a need.
If you enjoy these Ninja Foodi Cheesesteak Sandwiches then you will also like these Ninja Foodi French Dip Subs.
Ninja Foodi Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- 1 Lb Ribeye Steak
- 1/2 Tbsp Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Diced Sweet Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 Hoagie Rolls
- Begin by seasoning the steak and then setting it aside.
- Add oil to the pot of the Ninja Foodi and turn it to SAUTE on high, add the onions and SAUTE until translucent.
- While these are cooking, thinly slice the steak into thin strips.
- Slice the bell pepper if needed.
- Once the onions are cooked, turn the Ninja Foodi OFF.
- Add the steak, bell pepper, and broth to the pot of the Ninja Foodi along with the onions that are already in the pot.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid then turn the function to PRESSURE. Make sure the nozzle is set to SEAL.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Do nothing, let it naturally release for 10 minutes, then turn the nozzle to VENT any remaining steam.
- Carefully remove the steak if you want to toast the hoagie rolls, if not you can just top the hoagies with steak and cheese.
- If you want to toast the hoagies, add the steak to each hoagie roll evenly, then top with 1-2 slices of cheese.
- Place 2 hoagie rolls to fit on the wire rack in the lowest position.
- Carefully place this in the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Turn the setting to AIR CRISP at 360*F for 5 minutes.
- Once done, carefully remove and serve. This step will toast the hoagie roll and melt the cheese.