Make a sweet and savory breakfast with this Ninja Foodi Bacon Cheese French Toast!
This breakfast dish is a great twist on this original Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole, this time we are going to add a little bit of savory to our meal.
This recipe will use the STEAMBAKE function of the Ninja Foodi, so be sure that you are using a multi-cooker.
What bread should you use for Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole?
This french toast casserole is best made with day-old, crusty bread. This would be great using a french bread loaf or sourdough loaf too.
Stale bread with a thick crust will be the type of bread that you would want to use for this. It sounds crazy, but it works the BEST!
Can you make Gluten-Free Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole?
YES!! One thing though, you absolutely need to find a great gluten-free french bread or crusty bread.
My favorite is this BFree Baguette, I have found these at Walmart and Sprouts. One that you can find a bit more often is this Schar Baguette. These are readily available at Walmart in our area, so hopefully, they are in yours too!
Either of these options would work, or your favorite brand of gluten-free baguette.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Bacon Cheese French Toast:
This recipe is made with a Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker using the STEAMCRISP and STEAMBAKE functions, so be sure that your machine has these in order to make this recipe.
This was made using a Ninja Foodi 14 in 1 Multi-Cooker.
In order to be fully cooked, the center of the french toast should be at least 190*F, this can be checked with a quick read thermometer.
I also used an 8-inch cake pan to make this such as a Wilton Cake Pan. It’s best to butter the cake pan or line it with parchment paper so that the french toast can easily be removed.
It is best if it’s served warm right out of the Ninja Foodi because it will be nice and crispy on top with the SteamBake Setting; however, you can reheat it for 2-3 minutes and serve the leftovers throughout the week.
It lasts for about 3-4 days stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
We like to serve this with maple syrup for a sweet and savory breakfast.
If you enjoyed this be sure to check out this Slow Cooker S’mores French Toast and Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole!
Ninja Foodi Bacon Cheese French Toast Casserole
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk (2% or Whole Milk)
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 6 Cups French Bread (Cut it into cubes)
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Bacon Strips (Crumbled)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Colby Jack
- 2 Cups Water
- Shredded Cheese
- Crumbled Bacon
- Butter a cake pan that is 8 inches on the bottom and side. This can also be done with non-stick cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the cooking pot of the Ninja Foodi and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, milk, brown sugar, and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the cubed bread and gently mix to soak the bread with the milk and egg mixture, be sure the bread is fully soaked.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and add the crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
- Continue mixing until it's evenly mixed throughout.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Place the cake pan on the wire rack and then place this into the low position in the gray pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Set the Ninja Foodi to STEAM CRISP and then turn the dial to STEAM BAKE.
- Set the temperature to 325*F for 13 minutes, it does not matter if the valve is open or closed for steam bake.
- Close the lid to the Ninja Foodi and cook.
- Once it's cooked, carefully remove the rack and the pan from the pot.
- Sprinkle more cheese and bacon if you want before serving.
- Let it sit for 2-3 minutes, then serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!