This easy, flavorful and juicy Ninja Foodi Apple Cinnamon Roast uses the slow cooker function and simple ingredients!
This Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Roast was actually a recipe I made YEARS ago. It has always been a go-to roast recipe for us during the winter months, but this year I thought I’d try it out with the Ninja Foodi.
It’s turned into just another great recipe to add to my list of Ninja Foodi Recipes. This is a great Ninja Foodi Roast Recipe too!
Can you use the Ninja Foodi as a Slow Cooker?
The only thing you will need to do is use the correct lid and button in order to make this work as a slow cooker. If you are using it as a slow cooker, you will use the pressure cooker lid that was the additional lid with your Ninja Foodi.
Subscribe to my channel on YouTube for step by step Ninja Foodi Recipes – Subscribe Here
The lid will need to be secured and then the nozzle moved to ‘vent’.
If you prefer, I just recently purchased a glass lid for my Ninja Foodi. This basically turns it into a traditional slow cooker, complete with a lid that you can see in to be sure everything is cooking properly.
How does Roast taste in the Ninja Foodi?
It will come out exactly like it would in the slow cooker. Ours is typically nice and tender, you can cut it apart and then shred it with your fork as you eat it.
It pairs wonderfully with a variety of sides, in this case, we are going to use apples to give this roast flavor. The apples can be served right along with it. Then, we typically pair ours with green beans.
Roast Recipes for the Ninja Foodi or Slow Cooker:
Here are more roast recipes for the Ninja Foodi that are perfect to try.
What accessories should you purchase for the Ninja Foodi?
Be sure to check out the Ninja Foodi Archives for more recipes!
Ninja Foodi Apple Cinnamon Roast - Slow Cooker
- 3 lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 4 Medium Sized Red Apples Peeled, Cored, & Sliced
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Apple Juice
- Spray the pot of the Ninja Foodi or Slow Cooker with Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
- Place the roast in the bottom of the pot.
- Top it with apples, then sprinkle cinnamon and sugar evenly on top.
- Pour the apple juice over the roast.
- Place the additional lid (pressure cooker lid) on the Ninja Foodi or the glass lid. If using the pressure cooker lid, set the nozzle to "Vent".
- Using the slow cooker function, cook on low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the lid, cut the roast and shred with a fork.