Monster Rice Krispie Treats are a fun treat for the whole family.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KreateMyHappy #CollectiveBias
My typical day that my daughter is home with me goes a little something like this, we drop off my son at school, then we head to the gym and try to get at least 30 minutes of walking in. Of course, sometimes it can be a little more or less with her depending on her mood, I bring a fun treat with me to keep her occupied.
Once we are done with the gym, I’m heading back home and will typically play or do an activity with her. Then, sometimes I am in the kitchen working on a recipe while she is occupied with a variety of toys or kitchen utensils. It happens.
Then, it’s time for lunch and her nap. This is typically my crunch time in the day where I am working hard to get all my work done for my job. The bulk of my computer work happens during her nap and after my kids are in bed each day.
It never fails though, as soon as she wakes up it’s like the sleepy stick hits me. She’s wide awake and I’m ready to drop. That’s when a pick me up treat is in order!
This past week, I made the ultimate pick me up snack, Monster Rice Krispie Treats. I am sure most parents do this, but basically we hide in the corner while trying to eat something delicious like candy and not have to share with the little ones. Just admit it…you have done it. Well, you will want to do it with these!
These are a No Bake treat which makes them even more irresistible. I picked up a box of the already made Rice Krispie Squares, then I opened each one and slathered a good layer of peanut butter on top.
Once it was coated, I dipped each one in melted chocolate then topped with mini marshmallows and M&M’s. I let them sit for about 5-10 minutes until hardened, then it was time to go eat one in hiding because you will want it all to yourself. Trust me.
Be sure that you also enter the recipe contest that they are currently hosting, HERE.
Eligible entrants will vote on their favorite Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® recipe on the Kellogg’s Family Rewards® Website and via various social media platforms to be entered into a random drawing for a chance to win prizes.
Twenty (20) Grand Prize winners will be randomly drawn at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes from among all eligible entries received.
Contest voting runs 3/24-5/3/15
Not only is it fun to vote, but you will have chances to win great prizes too!
Here is how you VOTE:
- To enter via Twitter, Pinterest and/or Instagram, go to any of the Social Platforms and include the hashtag #RKTreatSweeps and the name of the Treat recipe you’re voting on in the copy of your post.
- You must also send or share a link of your post to [email protected] in order for your Social Platform entry to be verified.
- To send or share a link of your post with the Sponsor, go to the Social Platform(s) containing your Treat vote post, go to your profile, select the tweet/pin/post you would like to share with the Sponsor, and copy the link (Twitter) or share the post (Pinterest & Instagram) to [email protected]
For the complete rules head over to the Contest Website!
Are you ready for a little pick me up today? What is your go-to treat?
I was able to pick up all the products I needed over at Walmart. Be sure to stop by now and enjoy this delicious treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 16- Count Box of Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- 2 Cups Plain M&M's
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- Place a sheet of wax paper on the counter to use to place the treats on.
- Open all of the Rice Krispie Treats, then top each one with a layer of peanut butter.
- Set these aside on wax paper.
- Heat up the chocolate per the instructions on the type you are using, dip each top of the treat in the chocolate and place on the wax paper.
- Top them immediately with the M&M's and marshmallows.
- Let them harden for about 10 minutes.