Celebrate a fun day with these Mini Heart Shaped Pizzas!
We are getting closer to the day of L-O-V-E and suddenly around our house, everything turns into heart shapes. I may have a little fetish with making all foods in the shape of hearts, but it is just so fun!
It’s also kid-friendly and when you have preschoolers, especially picky ones that absolutely love it when you do shapes and actually eat their dinner, it is a huge bonus!
How do you make Heart Shaped Pizzas Gluten-Free?
These little pizzas were so easy to make. I made them gluten free using this gluten-free pizza crust recipe. They can be made though with any type of pizza dough that you prefer.
If you are making it with a gluten-free dough it is usually the consistency of joint compound, so I like to pre-bake the dough then I roll it out once it’s baked a bit. At that point, I cut out the shapes.
Remember if you aren’t gluten-free, just use your favorite pizza dough!
This one is fun to get your kids involved choosing their toppings before putting the pizzas back into the oven.
My son was so excited when he saw these on his dinner plate, so I had to add them to his lunch too of course. I also joined in and enjoyed a few. They were yummy!
I’m already planning the next holiday of pizza shapes, Easter Bunny pizza? Why not?
Happy Pizza Eating with Love!
Mini Heart Shaped Pizzas
- 1 Pizza Dough
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400* (or following instructions on your pizza dough).
- Roll dough out on a floured surface, then bake in oven for 5-10 minutes or until slightly set.
- Remove the dough carefully from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut the shapes using the heart shaped cookie cutter and place them on another greased baking sheet.
- Once the shapes are cut and placed on the baking sheet, top them with your choice of toppings.
- Ours are topped with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and melted.
- Note: Once you have cut your shapes, roll scrap dough out again to cut additional shapes. Our dough made 8 heart shaped pizzas; however, it will vary depending on the size of the cookie cutter.