I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #EatMoreBites #CollectiveBias
Make a delicious treat with Milky Way Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches!
Spring is here! In Oklahoma that means warm days and deliciously cold desserts. What makes those desserts even better? When they involve Milky Way Simply Caramel BITES, Ice Cream, and Cookies but all in one!
That is my kind of dessert, which is exactly why I had to whip up these Milky Way Ice Cream Sandwiches.
These desserts are also perfect for Easter, I know the adults in my family would enjoy these just as much as the kids. We like to wear the kids out with lots of outside playing plus Easter Egg Hunts, then after all that running and hunting it’s time for a treat!
This past week I was able to use this coupon at Walmart and pick up Milky Way Simply Caramel BITES for these sweet treats. When I have coupons, I am even more motivated to make delicious desserts are you?
Last time I used Milky Way BITES in these Ooey-Gooey Milky Way Cookies. We enjoyed them so much that I decided to make a deep dish cookie using the BITES then fill it in with a little ice cream for a nice sandwich.
The main ingredient is the BITES, of course, then I decided to adapt my Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe to add a bite to each cookie. One of the main things I love about using BITES is unlike the minis you do not have to unwrap these.
Have you tried unwrapping dozens of chocolate candies? Let me tell you…it takes FOREVER. These BITES are already perfect size and ready to plant into the cookie.
(Note: I used both the muffin top tin and a square brownie tin. The key is to use a deeper pan for the deep dish cookies.)
Next up, to make the cookies I used a muffin top tin which makes them more of a deep dish. Once the cookie dough is filled into each tin you simply place a bite in each cookie then top it with a little extra cookie dough to bury it inside.
These will bake nicely in the oven, then once they are cooled you can slather them with your favorite ice cream. Then, after they are filled with ice cream quickly roll them up in foil and let them freeze well in the freezer.
After a few hours, it’s time to indulge yourself in a chocolate cookie ice cream explosion!
Happy Almost Easter & Spring! Enjoy this yummy treat!
Milky Way Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 2 1/4 Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour or Regular Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Package Mars Milky Way Simply Caramel BITES
- Topping & Filling:
- 1 Quart Strawberry Ice Cream
To make cookies:
- 1. Preheat oven to 375*.
- 2. Combine all ingredients except for Milky Way Simply Caramel BITES in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, folding in the chocolate chips.
- 3. Spray a muffin top tin and fill each tin with the cookie dough.
- 4. Place a Milky Way Simply Caramel BITE in the middle of each cookie, pressing it down and then covering it with dough on top.
- 5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 6. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes then remove them from the pan by loosening the edges with a knife. If possible using a small spatula also helps to remove them easily.
- 7. Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- 8. Once they are completely cooled take two cookies and place them on a piece of foil. The foil should be large enough to wrap around the cookie once it's filled with ice cream.
- 9. Place softened ice cream about 1 inch thick on one side of the cookie.
- 15. Place the other cookie on top of the ice cream to form the sandwich.
- 16. Immediately foil wrap it and place it in the freezer.
- Repeat this process for all remaining cookies and store them in the freezer for 6-8 hours to fully harden.