Mexican Meatloaf is the best comfort meal around town! I am going to show you just how to make Mexican Meatloaf.
It’s been nearly two years ago since I first posted this Mexican Meatloaf; however, shortly after I removed the picture due to the fact I really had no idea what I was doing then! Mexican Meatloaf though is our favorite dinner, it’s comfort food at it’s best.
Of course, I don’t really have any idea now but at least you can tell that there is actually food in this picture! It has taken me that long to get a new picture of this dish.
I have no idea why other than to say when I went gluten free I really was not sure what to use to replace the cream soups. Luckily, after asking on the Facebook Fan Page, I landed on this recipe for Cream of Mushroom Soup on Salad in a Jar. This worked like a charm then I left the mushrooms out and added about 1/2 a cup of Chicken Broth to give the taste of Cream of Chicken Soup. The result? Perfection!
Check out my Facebook Live on How to Make Mexican Meatloaf
I have loved this meatloaf since my mother-in-law introduced me to it many years ago and it still remains to be one of my husband’s favorite meals and his most requested!
As soon as we got married, I had to quickly learn to make this. Of course, I love it just as much as my husband. I think it still is his comfort food from childhood too. My kids love this too, so it’s a win in our whole family.
I am even thinking that maybe I should mix it up and use some Doritos with it instead of Corn Chips. What do you think?
I think that sounds pretty tasty to me!
I hope you enjoy this delicious dish!
I am certain you are going to love this.
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup or Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup or Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Small Can of Green Chilies
- 1 16 oz Jar of Picante Sauce
- 1 8 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup of Brown Minute Rice uncooked
- 2 Cups of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Bag of Fritos Crushed
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a skillet brown the meat until well done, then add in all ingredients except for Frito’s and Cheese. This needs to heat until it reaches a bubbling bowl.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray, then start layering your ingredients. Pour 1/2 of the meat mixture on the bottom of the dish, then sprinkle with crushed Frito’s and top with cheese. Repeat this again for the next layer.
- This will bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until crispy.