As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Remember yesterday that delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas? Today, I thought I would show you how I re-purposed the chicken and used it for an entirely different meal!
I know that many people are not fans of leftovers; however, I am a HUGE fan of leftovers…just not exactly eating the same meal again!
What’s a girl to do?
The Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas (yes, I know that means pork…but I decided to keep the carnitas part) made a lot of chicken for us once it was shredded up! So, my husband and I used it first for lunches on nachos and burritos. Then, we were having a pizza night, so I thought it would be perfect topped on our pizza and mixed with some garden veggies!
We used our green bell peppers from the garden along with tomatoes and black olives then topped it on our pizza. I covered it with shredded mozzarella cheese and viola…dinner was ready!
If you are not gluten free this bread machine pizza crust recipe is my all time favorite!
My family loves pizza nights, and I actually really enjoy making them completely from scratch! It’s rare when we ever order delivery pizzas anymore, I just can’t bring myself to do it when I could make one using pantry items for next to nothing!
Anyone else notice the cost of pizza seems to go up?! I mean it cost less than $5 to make one yourself, I just can’t figure out why they cost so much for a handful of toppings on a little dough!
I guess that subject deserves a whole post by itself!
Now, back to this delicious pizza!
- Slow Cooker Chicken:
- 2 Medium Sized Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Chipotle Chilies Canned in Adobo Sauced, Drained and Chopped
- Pizza Crust
- Pizza Sauce
- Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- Green Onions, Diced
- Small Tomato, Diced
- Black Olives, Sliced
- 2 Cups Finely Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Begin by cooking the chicken, place all slow cooker chicken ingredients in a 5 quart slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Once the chicken is done, shred it and set it aside.
- After you have your pizza crust ready to go top it with the pizza sauce, chicken, bell pepper, onions, tomato, olives, and cheese.
- Bake at 425* for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- (Note: Bake time and temperature will very depending on the crust recipe that you use.)
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.