I made my first adventure into the realm of Stuffed Peppers last summer. They were a hit with my family, so I thought I’d try them again, but this time adding a Mexican style variation.
This is going to be the normal stuffed pepper served in our house, they were delicious!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Mexi Stuffed Peppers
- 6 Peppers Any color
- 1 Lb Ground Beef Cooked and Drained
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet or Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 3 Green Onions sliced
- 1 Cup Corn
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- After you cook the ground beef add in the taco seasoning as instructed on the package. Once this is done, then add in the rice, onions, and corn mixing this well.
- Slice the top off the peppers and clean out the inside, then stuff them with seasoning. This amount will make enough for 6 peppers; however, I typically use 4 and then save the remaining stuffing for nachos.
- Top these with cheese and bake for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Serve these plain or topped with salsa.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Amanda Jean says
Oh I love this! I’m so excited to try it tomorrow night!!! I got so excited when I saw you posted this because I hardly buy peppers because we don’t use them as much but I did last week and now I know what I’m going to do with them!!!
Made these tonight!! Best stuffed peppers EVER!!! I added a bit of salsa for flavor to the meat mixture then poured a bunch all over the top prior to cheese and then baked….. then looked back at the recipe and saw I messed up, turned out great!! I also put a layer of cheese in the bottom of the peppers. It encouraged my daughter to eat through the pepper… and me, too 🙂
As long as they still tasted great, that’s all that matters in the end!! So glad you like them, these are some of my favorites. I just saw a cute idea for halloween today that has the pepper cut out like a pumpkin. I’m planning to make these again soon and do that with them!!