After making the Caramel Apple Cookies, I knew immediately I was going to make these into muffins. What could be better aside from the cookies of course.
The first attempt at making these my brain slipped me and I forgot to add flour, yep…zilch! The second attempt, was perfect; however, I overfilled my muffin tins so I ended up with a few muffin tops but they still tasted incredible.
I honestly feel like the apple cider is what really makes these delicious and will likely be buying more cider to add with even more recipes. If you prefer not to have the actual caramel candy in this recipe, you can always replace it with caramel flavoring. The caramels do harden fairly fast with both the cookies and with these muffins so eating them fresh out of the oven is best.
Another thing that I did differently with these muffins is I used Melt Organic Buttery Spread. I was ask to review the Melt butter, and I have to say it is one of the first that I have found to do well with baking. I used 1/2 a cup of the Melt butter in these muffins and they tasted just as good as using regular stick butter. This spread can be substituted in virtually any recipe calling for butter as a healthier alternative.
Not to mention this butter is also health friendly.
For someone like me that struggles with high cholesterol and is also trying to make the switch to organic this one was the perfect choice!
Now how do you get involved with Melt Organic Butter? They are currently doing a giveaway for a $500 Gift Card plus a dinner party that includes free products of Melt Buttery Spread. Can you imagine the party you could throw? Even better just in time for the holidays! To enter this giveaway visit Melt Buttery Spread. Be sure to enter www.mommyhatescooking.com as the blog that sent you there, assuming you are visiting from this post.
If you are thinking that you would never win? It’s worth a try! Why? My dad he enters nearly all giveaways like this one, and guess what? He wins…all the time. He’s won trips to Cancun, Nascar…and 28 boxes of cereal. So, it’s worth entering you could be hosting the best holiday party on the block.
Now, let’s get to this delicious recipe!
This time my dog was hovering as she could smell the apple aroma, this time I gave her one of the muffin tops. I thought that may be best to keep her away from my muffins! I was waiting on her to take over like she did last week!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: I was given a few samples of Melt Butter to try out. Also, if you win the giveaway and you came from my blog then I win too! The thoughts and opinions of the product are my own.
Caramel Apple Muffins
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter softened
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 5 Apple Cider Packets
- Kraft Caramels
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Begin adding in the flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, and salt. Then, mix in the milk, egg, vanilla, and apple cider. Let this mix well until the batter is formed.
- Place square pieces of parchment over each muffin tin, shape to fit and spray with non stick spray. I usually put the parchment in and spray as well, it is not always necessary. Place 1 unwrapped caramel in each tin, we used 18 caramels to make 1 1/2 dozen. Then, pour the batter into each tin about a tablespoonful and make sure the caramel is covered. The tins should be about 1/2 way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Let completely cool before removing.
- Note: The parchment helps the caramels not stick to the bottom of the muffin tin, same concept as the cookies.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking