So, it’s dinner time and you just realized that you have to eat and your kids need to be fed, but you are still in your PJs and the hope of actually getting out of them at this point is pretty much nonexistent…sound familiar?
That has been my life lately. I won’t lie…I roll out of bed some mornings and take my son to school in my PJs and then I’m reminded about how thankful I am for a car pool line so I can stay in the car and remain unseen!
On days like these when dinner still needs to be made, I rely on my pantry to come to my rescue! Typically I always have something on hand that I can quickly prepare. This particular night that we made these I wanted to do something that did not require any prep work with meat. I also thought it would be a great idea for us to get a meatless meal since we tend to eat meat more frequently than we probably should.
A can of black beans was my inspiration for this meal and within 15 minutes dinner was on the table!
Tostadas are a great meal that the entire family will love because of the versatility. Tostadas can be built with just about anything that you have on hand, leftover veggies is what we went with. I happened to find crispy tostada shells at Aldi this past week, so I had picked those up to use for a quick dinner night.
I also love to add rice to my tostadas, so I used some minute rice and had a nice side item to our tostada night. I had lettuce in the fridge from a previous meal, then I had made restaurant style salsa earlier in the week, add a little beans and cheese and dinner is ready!
Meatless Black Bean Tostadas
- 1 Package Corn Tortilla or Flat Crispy Corn Tortillas
- 1 Can Black Beans
- Lettuce Rice, Cheese, Tomatoes, Salsa, Guacamole, Corn
- Servings: Varies depending on amount of tortillas used.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray, then place 6-8 corn tortillas on the sheet. Top each tortilla with a spoonful of black beans.
- Bake these in the oven for 5-10 minutes until they are warm.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve.
What are your go to meals when you just do not have time to cook? Share with us!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.