Make this EASY Meatball Casserole in minutes, plus it can be made gluten-free too if that’s a need!
If you enjoy this Meatball Casserole then you will also love this Ravioli Lasagna too.
Meatball Casserole only uses a few simple, pantry-style ingredients and then dinner is served.
What kind of meatballs should you use?
This casserole will use prepared meatballs, these can either be fresh or frozen. Either way it will work the same way!
If you are using frozen pre-cooked meatballs, these do not have to be heated or thawed, you can put them in frozen. Just be sure to let them cook all the way through during the baking time.
How do you make Gluten-Free Meatball Casserole?
There are only a few swaps needed to make this gluten-free, that is meatballs and pasta.
Use Gluten-Free Penne Pasta and Gluten-Free Meatballs, that’s it, just those swaps!
If you want to use frozen pre-cooked meatballs, I have found many gluten-free versions at Target. As always, be sure to check all ingredients to be sure what you are using is in fact gluten-free.
Tips for Making Meatball Casserole:
Be sure to use prepared and cooked meatballs to make this recipe, then the pasta will also be prepared in advance.
Once all your ingredients are prepared, then you will use an 8×8 baking dish to cook this in the oven.
It’s going to be one of the easiest recipes around and it pairs really well with Air Fryer Garlic Bread.
If you are using frozen meatballs, these do not have to be thawed but you will want to make sure that they get warm enough during the baking time before serving.
They can be checked with a meat thermometer and would need to be at 165*F internally.
Are you ready for dinner? It’s time to try this simple Meatball Casserole!
Easy Meatball Casserole
- 12 Cooked Meatballs or Frozen Meatballs (Gluten-Free or Regular)
- 16 oz Gluten-Free or Regular Penne Pasta
- 26 oz Jar of Marinara Sauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Make sure the meatballs are cooked and prepared. If using frozen meatballs, you do not have to defrost the meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Prepare the pasta as instructed on the package then drain and return to the pot.
- Pour in the jar of marinara sauce into the stock pot with the pasta and mix well.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and evenly spread the pasta into the pan.
- Place the meatballs on top of the pasta.
- Cover evenly with cheese and parsley.
- Bake in the oven on 350* for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve warm.