As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
It’s time to celebrate fall with this Maple & Pumpkin French Toast.
During the fall season, suddenly all things to turn two flavors around here, maple and pumpkin.
When I saw a bread at the store that combined even more tasty flavors, I just knew it would make the perfect French Toast. I picked up the Pepperidge Farm Swirl Oatmeal Bread, but this will work with any swirl bread.
Once you have the bread it’s time to make this Maple & Pumpkin French Toast.
Of course, when fall is here suddenly our entire household turns to all things pumpkin.
I will say nowadays some of the foods are a bit of pumpkin overload but many I enjoy regardless.
How do you make Maple & Pumpkin French Toast?
One of them recently is Pumpkin flavored Greek Yogurt. Now, with this yogurt, you can create a custard for french toast.
The perfect toast to use? The swirl bread, it has a hint of tasty flavor inside the bread already, so once you pair it with the french toast topping…it’s fall perfection!
My family has enjoyed this over the past weekend and they are requesting more. Did I mention it’s so easy to prep ahead the night before?
I prep the bread the evening before and let it soak in the custard overnight, then in the morning I can easily toast it and serve it up for breakfast.
It makes the mornings not only smell delicious in our home, but it taste wonderful too!
It’s become a welcome meal for our breakfast in the mornings, it certainly mixes it up from plain old breakfast foods.
Now are you ready to make a tasty breakfast for kids? I promise you will enjoy this Maple & Pumpkin French Toast!
Maple & Pumpkin French Toast
- 1 Loaf of Swirl Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Flavored Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Toppings - Maple Syrup, Maple Yogurt, Powdered Sugar, & Cinnamon
- Place bread in a 9x13 dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Mix this well until the custard is formed.
- Pour evenly over the bread to soak in.
- Cover and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, warm a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Lightly cook on both sides until slightly browned.
- Serve with additional toppings of your choice.