Photo Credit: Incredible Edible Egg
As we all know Father’s Day is quickly approaching this weekend. I know for my family we are always busy on Sunday mornings so making a fancy breakfast is typically out of the question. That’s why when I was sent this recipe to share, I thought it would be perfect.
This can be made the night before then served for Father’s Day breakfast even if you are in a hurry! Personally, for all that my husband has taken on lately with me being sick and out of service he more than deserves Father’s Day breakfast, and I am positive most of you feel the same way about your husband and dad!
Get the kids in the kitchen and get started making this delicious recipe!
Make Ahead Stuffed French Toast
- 30-36 French Bread Slices or Baguettes 1/2 Inch Slices
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Strawberry Preserves
- 8 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 8 oz Can Crushed Pineapple Undrained
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tsp Freshly Grated Orange Peel
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1/2 of the bread slices with cream cheese and strawberry preserves and top with remaining bread slices to make little sandwiches. Arrange sandwiches in greased 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl until foamy. Stir in milk, pineapple, orange juice, orange peel, vanilla and salt. Slowly pour egg mixture over bread; press bread into egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake in center of 350°F oven until puffed, golden and knife inserted near centers comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe Source: Incredible Edible Egg
Enjoy Father’s Day weekend!
Disclosure: I was ask by Incredible Edible Egg to showcase this recipe on my site. All the thoughts and opinions are my own and I felt it was perfect for Father’s Day.