As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Photo Credit: Incredible Edible Egg
As we all know Father’s Day is quickly approaching this weekend. I know for my family we are always busy on Sunday mornings so making a fancy breakfast is typically out of the question. That’s why when I was sent this recipe to share, I thought it would be perfect.
This can be made the night before then served for Father’s Day breakfast even if you are in a hurry! Personally, for all that my husband has taken on lately with me being sick and out of service he more than deserves Father’s Day breakfast, and I am positive most of you feel the same way about your husband and dad!
Get the kids in the kitchen and get started making this delicious recipe!
- 30-36 French Bread Slices or Baguettes, 1/2 Inch Slices
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Strawberry Preserves
- 8 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 8 oz Can Crushed Pineapple, Undrained
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tsp Freshly Grated Orange Peel
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1/2 of the bread slices with cream cheese and strawberry preserves and top with remaining bread slices to make little sandwiches. Arrange sandwiches in greased 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl until foamy. Stir in milk, pineapple, orange juice, orange peel, vanilla and salt. Slowly pour egg mixture over bread; press bread into egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake in center of 350°F oven until puffed, golden and knife inserted near centers comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe Source: Incredible Edible Egg
Enjoy Father’s Day weekend!
Disclosure: I was ask by Incredible Edible Egg to showcase this recipe on my site. All the thoughts and opinions are my own and I felt it was perfect for Father’s Day.