Enjoy a delicious treat this fall with this Loaded Mashed Potato Soup!
A tried and true recipe that I’ve fallen in love with over the years is this Loaded Mashed Potato Soup. It’s certainly gotten chilly here and soup has been a regular on our menu.
I love how warm and delicious this soup is, plus it’s so easy to make.
Are you all ready for Thanksgiving? This is a great recipe to use leftover mashed potatoes for too!
So keep that in mind as you enjoy those delicious Thanksgiving meals!
How do you make Loaded Baked Potato Soup?
I also love that this recipe includes dill which is one of my favorite ingredients. I’m bound to love anything that involves dill! I’m also bound to overload it with dill because I just can’t get enough.
I don’t know why either, I’ve loved it since I was a kid. Did you ever drink pickle juice? I’ll admit, I did! Now it just grosses me out but there was a time when I thought it was delicious.
We love to top this soup with all the toppings you would typically put on a baked potato, it just makes it that much more of a comfort meal.
It also happens to be my son’s favorite!
I spotted this recipe over on Cooking Light and it was so good it had to be shared!
I originally shared this a few years back but it’s so good it deserved to be shared again.
Now it’s time for a toasty fire and a delicious bowl of Loaded Mashed Potato Soup. What’s your favorite soup during the fall? I’d love to hear some more ideas of soups I should try.
Are you ready for this easy meal? Eat up!
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post.
Loaded Mashed Potato Soup
Loaded Mashed Potato Soup
- Cooking Spray
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Thyme
- 2 Cans of Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 24 oz Package of Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes or Equal Amounts Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Plain Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Green Onion Tops
- 1/3 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Bacon
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add in the onion and cook for 8 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add in the garlic and thyme, cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add in the chicken broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Continue stirring and mix in the pepper, mashed potatoes, yogurt, and dill.
- Continue stirring until smooth on medium heat.
- Serve topped with green onion, cheese, and bacon.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
I made this a few nights ago and it was/is wonderful. I would have never thought to use leftover mashed potatoes. I had some leftover cheesy scalloped potatoes and added some of those in also. I smooshed them up a bit to overall consistency was smooth. Good recipe. I enjoy your site.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I had the same thought when I first made it too, that I never thought to use mashed potatoes! Those scalloped potatoes sound great in it!
Laverne Visocsky says
Good job over again. Thumbs up!