Loaded Mashed Potato Soup
Enjoy a delicious treat this fall with this Loaded Mashed Potato Soup!
A tried and true recipe that I’ve fallen in love with over the years is this Loaded Mashed Potato Soup. It’s certainly gotten chilly here and soup has been a regular on our menu. I love how warm and delicious this soup is, plus it’s so easy to make.
Are you all ready for Thanksgiving? This is a great recipe to use leftover mashed potatoes for too! So keep that in mind as you enjoy those delicious Thanksgiving meals!
I also love that this recipe includes dill which is one of my favorite ingredients. I’m bound to love anything that involves dill! I’m also bound to overload it with dill because I just can’t get enough. I don’t know why either, I’ve loved it since I was a kid. Did you ever drink pickle juice? I’ll admit, I did! Now it just grosses me out but there was a time when I thought it was delicious.
We love to top this soup with all the toppings you would typically put on a baked potato, it just makes it that much more of a comfort meal. It also happens to be my son’s favorite!
I spotted this recipe over on Cooking Light and it was so good it had to be shared! I originally shared this a few years back but it’s so good it deserved to be shared again.
Loaded Mashed Potato Soup
Yield: 6 Servings (1 Cup Each)
- Cooking Spray
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Thyme
- 2 Cans of Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 24oz Package of Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes (or Equal Amounts Leftover Mashed Potatoes)
- 1/4 Cup Plain Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Green Onion Tops
- 1/3 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Bacon
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add in the onion and cook for 8 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add in the garlic and thyme, cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add in the chicken broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Continue stirring and mix in the pepper, mashed potatoes, yogurt, and dill.
- Continue stirring until smooth on medium heat.
- Serve topped with green onion, cheese, and bacon.
Recipe Source: Loaded Mashed Potato Soup
Now it’s time for a toasty fire and a delicious bowl of Loaded Mashed Potato Soup. What’s your favorite soup during the fall? I’d love to hear some more ideas of soups I should try.
Are you ready for this easy meal? Eat up!
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post.We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
15 Responses to “Loaded Mashed Potato Soup”
Pingback: Best Comfort Food Recipes - Mom Skills