As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Loaded Italian Sausage Spaghetti is an enjoyable comfort meal!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Spring is in the air! Yay! Have you all had spring break yet in your area? I know for us, our spring break was last week and then the states around us it is usually about the same time. We are full swing into spring here and moving right into the last few months of school.
For us, that means we are super busy and trying to spend lots of time outdoors too, so I am looking for quick and easy meals that are tasty too. One of our go-to meals is spaghetti with meat sauce. It’s a classic really that is typically loved by all, at least in our household it is.
Many times though it can get boring if you do not mix it up a bit, so I decided to add ground Italian sausage into our spaghetti recently along with packing it with veggies to make this Loaded Italian Sausage Spaghetti.
This dish takes just under 30 minutes to make and pleases a crowd. We like to serve spaghetti family style to get the kids involved in getting a little on their plate too. I used onion, green bell pepper, and spinach to pack this with some extras veggies. It actually makes it a great one-dish meal paired alongside some tasty garlic bread.
My sausage of choice is Johnsonville, we actually use it a lot to substitute out your basic ground beef. I love the abundant flavor it adds to meals, it truly takes them to another level.
What do you like to add to spaghetti? Do you keep it pretty basic or do you get really creative?
One other way we like to take it to a new level is adding in cheese and making a spaghetti pie, super delicious!
Share your tips with us!
Happy Spaghetti Night!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 12 Oz Spaghetti Noodles or Gluten Free Noodles
- 1 Lb Johnsonville Italian Sausage, Mild
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 26 oz Jar of Marinara Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare the pasta per the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, spray a medium sized skillet and warm up to medium-high heat, adding in the sausage to brown.
- Once it is browned, drain and return to the pain, add in the veggies and let those simmer about 5-10 minutes then mix in the marinara sauce.
- Once the pasta is prepared and drained, either serve the pasta topped with the meat mixture or mixed together.
- Top with cheese.