As we head into the summer months, grilled foods becomes all the rage including these Lettuce Wrapped Chicken Sandwiches. I am using products from The Produce Gathering, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
During the summer our grill goes into full swing. In the evenings when my husband gets home, I usually have the food ready to go on the grill, then he grills it while the kids play outside. It’s a nice way to unwind after a day full of activities for myself and the kids and a day of work for my husband.
One thing we love to do is try out different variations of our favorite meals. Each week with The Produce Gathering, we get a batch of delicious locally grown lettuce. This particular week, I thought I would try it as a lettuce wrapped chicken sandwich and skip the bread. This makes it a fun way to eat a sandwich plus a little better for you too.
We paired ours with even more produce from The Produce Gathering such as lettuce and onions. I also decided to grill up some small potatoes and green beans too. Are you hungry yet? My mouth is watering just writing this post and thinking about these sandwiches again.
I opted to season them with a little bit of honey mustard, which just happens to be one of my favorites on chicken. The kids loved these too which makes for a dinner time win for us. It gave them enough fuel for a few more hours playing out in the water. Oh to be a kid again when the energy just seems to never stop, I can hardly keep up with them and I’m not even that ‘old’. My body feels like it is though!
Do you have a favorite way to season chicken? I’d love to hear it. Plus, be sure to stop by The Produce Gathering with your code MHCMEMBER for a FREE Membership, then you can look around and order too.
Lettuce Wrapped Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 6 oz Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- Flatten the chicken breast if needed and set aside.
- Combine the mustard, honey, parsley, and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Brush it on each of the chicken breast. Let these sit in a covered dish in the fridge for about 2 hours to marinate.
- Warm up the grill to medium-high heat, grill the chicken on both sides until well done or an internal temperature of at least 165*.
- Slice the chicken in half for the sandwich if preferred.
- Add toppings to the chicken and wrap in the fresh lettuce.