As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
As we head into the summer months, grilled foods becomes all the rage including these Lettuce Wrapped Chicken Sandwiches. I am using products from The Produce Gathering, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
During the summer our grill goes into full swing. In the evenings when my husband gets home, I usually have the food ready to go on the grill, then he grills it while the kids play outside. It’s a nice way to unwind after a day full of activities for myself and the kids and a day of work for my husband.
One thing we love to do is try out different variations of our favorite meals. Each week with The Produce Gathering, we get a batch of delicious locally grown lettuce. This particular week, I thought I would try it as a lettuce wrapped chicken sandwich and skip the bread. This makes it a fun way to eat a sandwich plus a little better for you too.
We paired ours with even more produce from The Produce Gathering such as lettuce and onions. I also decided to grill up some small potatoes and green beans too. Are you hungry yet? My mouth is watering just writing this post and thinking about these sandwiches again.
I opted to season them with a little bit of honey mustard, which just happens to be one of my favorites on chicken. The kids loved these too which makes for a dinner time win for us. It gave them enough fuel for a few more hours playing out in the water. Oh to be a kid again when the energy just seems to never stop, I can hardly keep up with them and I’m not even that ‘old’. My body feels like it is though!
Do you have a favorite way to season chicken? I’d love to hear it. Plus, be sure to stop by The Produce Gathering with your code MHCMEMBER for a FREE Membership, then you can look around and order too.
- 4 6 oz Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- Flatten the chicken breast if needed and set aside.
- Combine the mustard, honey, parsley, and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Brush it on each of the chicken breast. Let these sit in a covered dish in the fridge for about 2 hours to marinate.
- Warm up the grill to medium-high heat, grill the chicken on both sides until well done or an internal temperature of at least 165*.
- Slice the chicken in half for the sandwich if preferred.
- Add toppings to the chicken and wrap in the fresh lettuce.