Make the best easy cold taco dip with this Layered Taco Dip Recipe!
If you need a great go-to recipe for a party, this Layered Taco Dip or 7 Layer Dip is exactly what you are looking for. This is one of those dips that will be loved by all and can serve a crowd.
Layered Taco Dip is a great recipe that you can even make-ahead too. We like to use up this Crockpot Taco Meat in our taco dip. It makes it a quick, easy and simple recipe to put together just before heading out to the party.
Can you make Layered Taco Dip in advance?
Yes! Layered Taco Dip is great to make the night before or the day before too and let it chill and set up in the fridge. It’s tastes fabulous cold served with tortilla chips.
Make sure that you fully wrap it up before putting it in the fridge if you plan to leave it there an extended time to keep it fresh.
Can Layered Taco Dip be served warm?
It can be served warm, simply warm up the dip in the oven at 350 degrees. I’d suggest doing this before you add additional toppings to keep those cool.
This will warm up the filling and melt the cheese.
How long will Layered Taco Dip last?
If stored properly in the fridge, Layered Taco Dip will last about 3-4 days. It’s imperative though to store it well in an air-tight container or wrapped with plastic wrap.
How do you make Gluten-Free Layered Taco Dip?
The ingredients in Layered Taco Dip are naturally gluten-free, for the taco seasoning, be sure to use a Homemade Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning or the store-bought Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning.
The next thing I’d recommend is just checking the can of Refried Beans, typically these are gluten-free; however, it’s always best to check the label to be sure the brand you are purchasing is.
Now are you ready for this great recipe, it’s time to serve up Layered Bean Dip at your next party!
Layered Taco Dip
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning Divided (or Gluten-Free Seasoning)
- 1 16 oz Can of Refried Beans
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 2 Tomatoes Diced
- 3 Green Onions Diced
- 1 Can 2.25oz Sliced Black Olives
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- Jalapeno Peppers Sliced
- Avocado Sliced
- If necessary, brown ground beef and drain.
- Return to pan and add 2 Tbsp or 1 envelope of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the taco meat and refried beans.
- Transfer to a 9x13 glass dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and 2 Tbsp or 1 Envelope of taco seasoning until smooth and creamy.
- Spread evenly over the bean mixture.
- Top with the cheese, tomatoes, and additional toppings of your choice.
- Place in fridge and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.