Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Cans Get You Cooking. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
One of my husband’s favorite snacks is bean dip. The kind that’s straight from the can, nothing fancy at all. Now, I like fancy. I can’t eat bean dip straight from the can without layers of delicious goodness piled on top!
That leads me to this Layered Bean dip. So good and HUGE…you can share it!
The first stop I made was down the canned good aisle to stock up on all sorts of canned goods that would work perfectly in my Layered Bean Dip. I always have to stock up on extra olives because I can eat those right out of the can. I stocked up on a few extra canned goods as well to make this Restaurant Style Salsa.
I love that with using canned foods it makes homemade easy. It helps me save on prep time but I can quickly get a homemade meal on the table. I also keep our ‘cantry’ very well stocked so that on nights when we are busy we can avoid going out to eat. That is pretty important now that we are in the country because going ‘out’ has a very different meaning to it. It’s an adventure!
I’m enjoying following along with Cans Get You Cooking because I am learning about so many recipes that I can make that are so affordable using canned goods!
This bean dip would be the perfect appetizer or side dish for a cookout this season, just a few short weeks till the unofficial start to summer. It’s about time after this strangely cold winter and all that never-ending snow around the country.
Although you can serve this in a smaller skillet or bowl that would be easier for dipping, I like to serve it in large glass bowls. That way you can see all the layers, plus I like to spoon some into a smaller bowl or plate then eat it. Let’s just say large groups and one large bowl for dipping is like double dipping paradise! Yuck.
Now are you ready for a few chips and dip? If you bring this to your office you will probably be the most popular employee there! Raise? Wishful thinking!
Also be sure to learn more about Cans Get You Cooking! They have segments and recipes featured here, http://bit.ly/1jqGAjs.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Layered Bean Dip
- 2 16 Oz Cans of Refried Beans
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 4.5 Oz Can of Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Cup of Chunky Salsa or Homemade Salsa See link in post
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Lettuce
- 1 14.5 Oz Can of Diced Tomatoes Drained
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 2.25 Oz Can of Sliced Black Olives Drained
- Tortilla Strips
- 1. In a medium sized bowl, mix the refried beans and taco seasoning.
- 2. Spread the bean mixture into the bottom of a large bowl or dish.
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients in order in layers, sprinkling it with the cheese and olives.
- 4. Serve with Tortilla Strips.