Make a delicious dinner with Lasagna Style Baked Spaghetti Squash!
Now as I start sharing about this delicious Lasagna Style Baked Spaghetti Squash with Bertolli, CLICK HERE to print off your coupon! That’s your first step to making this a very frugal meal. Now, it’s time to make Lasagna Style Baked Spaghetti Squash.
Is life a bit chaotic these days for you? I have to say, it’s finally starting to slow down slightly. Although, now we started basketball season and it’s all go-go again on the weekends. Thankfully that doesn’t last too long. In the midst of that, I’m a bit of a stickler about stopping for a few minutes each day and getting the family around the dinner table.
As a kid, we only ate dinner at the table on special occasions. I used to envy the families that all sat around the dinner table. My parents worked opposite shifts and being a mom now I see why my mom just never really did that, but it’s a huge part of our family with our own kids now. We make sure that we make it a point to sit around the table as much as possible throughout the week. Obviously that isn’t always possible with kids going in different directions but we try!
This past week, I picked up Bertolli Riserva to use in this delicious dish. My family loves spaghetti squash so much, I knew these would be perfect! I would equate a serving to 1/4 of the spaghetti squash or one half of the sliced squash. Make sense? That was enough for an adult to eat in our home, so this 1 spaghetti squash made 4 servings for us.
I also opted to add in ground turkey as opposed to ground beef to make this even healthier. I added it up to be just over 200 calories a serving. This of course would need to be re-calculated based on the exact products used, but that’s a very lean dinner!
Are you ready to save plus enjoy a delicious dinner? Grab your COUPON now plus find even more recipes, then check out Bertolli on Facebook and Tumblr.
Lasagna Style Baked Spaghetti Squash
- 2 4 Lb Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey Cooked
- 1 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 Cups Bertolli Riserva Sauce
- Shredded Italian Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Cut the squash in half, lengthwise.
- Scrape out the seeds, then place skin side up on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until soft.
- Let them cool or use a towel to flip them over and scrape up some of the inner squash to get the spaghetti squash raised up a bit to be ready for serving.
- Top with the cooked ground turkey. Distribute this evenly throughout each half of squash.
- Top the turkey with the cottage cheese, about 1/4 cup per half of squash.
- Add the sauce to each squash, 1/4 cup per half of squash.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Jenna @ A Savory Feast says
This sounds so good! I have a recipe I use often that is similar, but I’ve never tried it with cottage cheese. I’ll have to do that next time! What a great way to add some protein.