As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I am a compensated 3M-sponsored blogger. Opinions are my own and additional products used in the project were selected by me.
We are full swing into party mode at our home, let’s face it though, we have family and friends over year round. The heart of our home is always our kitchen. I feel like I spend half my life there, so I like to keep it clean the majority of the time.
Now, most of my friends come in and think my house is just always clean. It’s not, I promise it isn’t ALWAYS that way, but for the most part it is. That’s because typically I just stay on top of it, I do not spend hours cleaning my house at all. Really, who has time for that?
One way I get my kitchen cleaned in mere minutes is with a good quality sponge like the Scotch-Brite Extreme Scrub Sponge. I can use this sponge on a variety of surfaces and it has 4x the scrubbing power. That also means that as you scrub away the grime, it isn’t going to fall apart in your hands.
Not only does it scrub well, it also resists those nasty bacterial odors so you never have to worry about it stinking up the kitchen area.
This is my sponge of choice when cleaning out the microwave, which happens to be my archenemy.
Let me show you 5 Easy Kitchen Cleaning Tips that you can do in less than 20 minutes so you can relax and enjoy how good clean feels before company arrives.
5 Easy Kitchen Cleaning Tips
- Quick Scrub of the Microwave – I can’t begin to tell you how many times I have company over, not realizing that they may have to use the microwave. It’s typically rare but it never fails, someone opens my microwave. Now, I am always sure to clean that quickly before company comes. I can easily do that without pre-soaking using the extreme scrub sponge.
- Wipe the Front of the Fridge – If you have young kids like I do, then your fridge is probably full of fingerprints. Quickly use the sponge and wipe down the front of the fridge to give it a sparkle.
- Scrub the Sink – The sink definitely can build up with bacteria and gunk as food and residue are thrown in it each day. Use your favorite cleaner along with your sponge for a quick clean before guests arrive.
- Wipe down the Stove & Oven – Our stove always seems to get some grease build up on it plus it’s black and shows it easily. I always am sure to wipe the top of the stove and outside of the oven down well before guests arrive.
- Make the Counter Tops Shine – Lastly, but probably most important, clean off the counter tops. Remove the unwanted piles of papers or random things that seem to clutter the counter tops, then use your great sponge and cleaner or water to wipe them down well. This alone does wonders to your kitchen and makes it much less cluttered.
These simple steps can be done in just a few minutes before guests arrive, making your kitchen appear sparkling clean even though you only took a few minutes to clean it. It will leave your guests assuming you spend hours cleaning your home everyday, but you can just chuckle because you know you only took a few minutes!
What cleaning tips would you add to the list? Have you used the Scotch-Brite Extreme Scrub Sponge? What is your favorite use for it?
Share it with us!