This past week, I decided to switch up our normal Fritos with Taco Soup and use Jalapeño Cornbread instead! We have bags of frozen Jalapeños in our freezer from our garden last year that need to be used up, so this was perfect for those.
Of course, we did not use but 1, so it’ll take a while to use these up!
My husband loved this paired with the soup. I avoid spicy food, so I opted out of this one for fear my mouth would be on fire, but my husband says it was not that hot and made his soup perfect!
This time while I made this, I used the Handi-Foil round pan to make the Jalapeño Cornbread. I love using these pans especially when I am delivering a meal or taking something to a party.
These are also the same containers that I used during our freezer cooking day a while back. They are perfect because not only can you bake and cook with them in the oven, they also freeze well!
When you are slicing the Jalapeño remember to wear gloves or you will regret it later…trust me, I know. I know first hand and it is not pretty.
Imagine fire in your eyes…and that’s basically how it will feel, but worse!
Now, on to this recipe!
- 1/2 Cup Light Butter
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Skim Milk
- 1-2 Jalapeños depending on the heat you want
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Wearing gloves, slice up the Jalapeños.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, begin by creaming the butter and sugar then add in the eggs. Let this mix and then add in all remaining ingredients until batter forms, adding in the Jalapeño last.
- Grease a 8 inch round pan. Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375* until slightly golden.
Enjoy this delicious recipe!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: I was provided with the Handi-Foil products to use for this meal; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.