Are you ready for tailgating season? We are! Well, we are now with these Jalapeño Bacon Wrapped Deviled Eggs!
I was racking my brain trying to decide how to add a little more flare to deviled eggs for tailgate parties this year. Then, it occurred to me…Jalapeños are the perfect way to add spice to the party! Plus, who doesn’t love bacon?!
The trick with wrapping the bacon around the eggs is that you have to cook your bacon until it is done but not crispy. This is always hard for my husband and I because we love cooking crispy bacon. I would just advise watching to bacon very closely because even when you think it’s not too crispy when cooking it the bacon seems to harden up a bit more after you take it off the griddle.
Another great tip just for the themed parties is to get cupcake toppers that have ‘footballs’ on them for the party! In our case, we used flags but I know that all those football cupcake toppers will be showing up in stores soon!
The egg itself consists of the yolk mixed with a little Miracle Whip and then sprinkled with paprika!
If you are finding yourself in a hurry then you can easily use these Great Day Farms Hard-Boiled Eggs that are found in the deli section at the grocery store! I love these because they are already peeled, plus the perfect amount which would give you 12 deviled eggs!
I picked up a few of these hard boiled eggs for my lunches throughout the week then opted for some organic eggs from Great Day Farms for my deviled eggs! These were certainly tasty and you could even top a tomato on them too for another flavor to add to the mix!
Happy Tailgating and Egg Eating!
Disclosure: I am a blog ambassador for Great Day Farms; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Jalapeño Bacon Wrapped Deviled Eggs
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Fat Free Miracle Whip or Mayo Possibly more based on size of eggs
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers Sliced
- 12 Pieces of Cooked Bacon
- Cut the eggs in half, removing the yolk and placing it into a bowl.
- Mix the yolk with the miracle whip.
- Spoon a small amount of the mixture into each egg then top them with a dash of paprika.
- Next take the slice of bacon and wrap it around the egg topping it with the Jalapeño. Keep it in place by inserting a toothpick through the Jalapeño to secure the bacon to the egg.