As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Do you ever get in a cooking rut? I do! Of course, I started blogging and cooking regularly just to get out of the cooking rut! Luckily, for the most part I can come up with recipes on the spot; however, I still like EASY recipes too!
One of my favorite go to items lately and staples at the store is romaine lettuce. I love it! My favorite way to eat it is grilled, but it’s quickly become my go to lettuce choice for salads. Along with the romaine lettuce, I also have fell in love with the Great Day Farms Hard Boiled Eggs. These can be found in the deli section of most Walmart stores and I can tell you they are delicious!
So delicious in fact that I was able to get my picky eater to eat one! Woot! I also love how easy they are to toss on salads or sandwiches for lunch or in the mornings for breakfast.
This past week we had a great abundance of cherry tomatoes in our garden along with green onions. So, I decided to saute them with a little olive oil to make a delicious, light dressing to top our salads.
The result? A light, zesty treat that was low in fat and high in protein! Perfect!
Now, to top all those veggies, I opted to use some freshly sliced cold cuts in our fridge. I mixed some turkey with roast beef to add some meat to the salad. I love meat on my salads especially in this case when the salad was my main dish for lunch. Lastly, I topped it with Italian Shredded Cheese and Sunflower Nuts! Delicious!
- Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Package Great Day Farm Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 Cups Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Green Onions, Diced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sliced or Chunked Turkey and Roast Beef, or meats of your choice
- Italian Shredded Cheese, topping
- Sunflower Nuts, topping
- Begin by coating a skillet with the olive oil then sauteing the tomatoes and onion for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Set aside and prepare the salad.
- Start by slicing the hard boiled eggs.
- Place a few leaves of cleaned, romaine lettuce on a plate then top with the meat and sliced egg.
- Next top add a spoonful of the sauteed veggies which will also be the dressing for the salad along with cheese and sunflower nuts.
- Cut up the salad with a knife and toss together.