Last week, my husband and I had an Italian night and one thing we had to have was Stuffed Mushrooms. This time I used Johnsonville’s Sweet Italian Ground Sausage. If you like a spicy kick, try the hot sausage. My husband loves hot sausage, and I am not a spicy fan so we comprised and went with sweet! It was delicious!
We also added marinara to our mushrooms too, I did a few with them and a few without. I actually preferred the ones with the marinara sauce, my husband agreed. Within a few minutes most of these mushrooms were disappearing before my eyes! Next time, I’m going to use hot sausage because I know my husband secretly would love hot sausage!
Let’s get on to this tasty recipe!
To find out more on Johnsonville head over to their Facebook page and enter their Italian Inspiration Recipe Contest! I would be thrilled if one of my reader’s won some of their great prizes!
Enjoy this delicious appetizer!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: I am part of Johnsonville’s Kitchen Community Blogger Panel, in which I received many products to use to make Johnsonville Italian Inspired Recipes. All the thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own.
Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 8 oz Package of Mushrooms Cleaned and Stems Removed
- 1 Package of Italian Ground Sausage Hot, Mild, or Sweet
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 8 oz Package Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Cook the sausage then rinse and drain it. Put the drained sausage in a large bowl and mix with the bread crumbs.
- Next add in the cream cheese, parsley, and garlic mix this well.
- This recipe made about 24 Stuffed Mushrooms.
- Now, stuff the mushrooms with enough stuffing to fill just right about the mushroom cap.
- Lastly, drizzle with marinara and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Let these bake in the oven about 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking