When I started this site, my husband’s request was no more pasta…which I ended up doing pretty well at giving him plenty of options! Of course, we still love pasta on occasion as well, this recipe did not disappoint! My husband even went back for more, plus my picky toddler ate all his too!
This is a wonderful pantry style meal, which is exactly what it was for us. I was trying to cook from the pantry using only what I had on hand and this is what I came up with. It was a nice twist to a traditional beef goulash!
Italian Sausage Goulash
- 1 Lb Medium Shell Pasta Cooked and Drained (Tinkyada pasta for gluten free.)
- 1 Lb Sweet Ground Italian Sausage Cooked and Drained
- 26 oz Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Clove of Garlic Crushed
- Begin by preparing both the pasta and sausage.
- Once the sausage is drained, return back to the skillet and add in the marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Let this simmer for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Next return the drained pasta to the stock pot and then pour in the meat mixture. Combine this well so the pasta is coated with the meat mixture.
- Serve topped with additional grated Parmesan and you have a quick, tasty meal!
This one will be making a regular appearance for our menu, especially since the toddler ate it! That’s a bonus!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.