Do you ever have that inner feeling of accomplishment when your family sings praises over your cooking, especially a new recipe? I had that feeling with this one! My husband kept asking for more, then he had leftovers for several days too. I was shocked! He really is not much into leftovers so just the shear fact he kept eating it at the leftover stage made this one a victory!
I initially made this chili thinking it would simply be chili with a side of garlic bread since I was making it as an Italian Style Chili; however, then I had this idea to pour it over spaghetti. The flavors in the chili gave the spaghetti noodles a light burst of flavor plus a new depth to the recipe.
I would still say this Italian Chili Spaghetti paired with a warm slice of garlic bread would be a hit!
Now, what made this go out of the park?
The not so secret ingredient is this All Natural Fresh Italian Ground Sausage from Johnsonville. I used the mild sausage and it gave the chili a nice kick of flavor that would not be had in your typical ground beef.
I simply let all the ingredients simmer in a stock pot for about 20-25 minutes until nice and warm. Then, it was time to top over cooked spaghetti and serve!
Having friends or family over for dinner tonight? Pair this alongside a dinner salad and garlic bread for a complete meal! It’s sure to impress.
Now I am hungry again, are you?
Italian Chili Spaghetti
- 1 lb Ground Italian Sausage Cooked
- 2 16 oz Cans of Bush’s Chili Beans Use Gluten Free Chili Beans, if needed.
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- 1 10 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Celery Stalks Diced
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder or to taste
- 12-16 oz Cooked Spaghetti or Gluten Free Spaghetti
- Parmesan Cheese Topping
- Cook and brown the sausage if not already done, and drain the excess grease.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large stock pot, except for the spaghetti noodles and cheese. Let this cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over the cooked spaghetti and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Disclosure: I was provided with products from Johnsonville to create this post; however, this is not a compensated post.
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Leave A Reply!