As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
As a child growing up each time we had a pasta dish, it almost always included some type of marinara sauce. I do love a good marinara pasta dish, but I was also happy to discover that pasta can be even more tasty without the marinara. The night I made this I wanted something light but fresh packed with veggies. I know that I do not get enough veggies in my diet, so I was hoping this would do the trick to help with that.
I also used Dreamfield’s Low Carb pasta in this dish, I mentioned in the past that I have become a huge fan of Dreamfield’s pasta. It’s absolutely delicious and low carb. This got many thumbs up from the family and hardly had any leftovers!
- 1 16 oz Package of Penne Pasta, Reserve 1/2 Cup Water (I use Tinkyada for gluten free.)
- 2 Large Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Italian Dressing
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Frozen Cut Spinach
- 1 Roma Tomato, Diced
- Asiago Cheese
- In a large stock pot, cook the pasta as instructed on the package. Be sure to reserve at least 1/2 Cup water.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the chicken in the Italian Dressing. Let this cook until the Italian dressing is soaked into the chicken. Once soaked add in the olive oil, spinach, and tomato, let this soak and simmer until heated through. At this point I also added about 1/2 a cup of the reserved water to the skillet to give it additional liquid.
- Drain the pasta and return to the stock pot. Once the skillet mixture is fully cooked toss it in the stock pot with the noodles and stir to coat.
- Top the pasta with a little bit of cheese and dinner is served!
Enjoy this quick and tasty pasta dish!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.