As soon as my husband saw a picture of these Inside Out Caramel Apples from Pepperidge Farm he was begging me to make them! It was perfect timing too because I just accepted the challenge from Pepperidge Farm to achieve Puffection with their Puff Pastry Sheets!
Not only did my husband decide these apples were delicious and mouth watering but they are also the perfect easy way to eat a caramel apple without the sticky mess! Inside Out Caramel Apples would make the perfect treat for your fall festival or Halloween party this year. The puff pastry gives them a flavorful pie style crust wrapped around a warm apple filled with caramel sauce.
This was the first time that I used the puff pastry sheets and quickly fell in love with them. There are so many creative recipes that could come from using these sheets, plus they are extremely easy to work with! I’ll be taking the Puffection challenge and showing you a Halloween inspired recipe coming up soon using the Puff Pastry!
Before we get to that recipe though, I want to share with you the recipe for the Inside Out Caramel Apples! These pair perfectly with a side of homemade vanilla ice cream!
Enjoy this delicious fall treat!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Pepperidge Farm®. I was provided with compensation for my time and work involved with this post and recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Inside Out Caramel Apples
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 4 Medium Granny Smith Apples Peeled
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 of a 17.3 Oz Package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet 1 Sheet, Thawed
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Using a melon baller, scoop the cores out of the apples from the top, making sure to leave the bottoms intact.
- Coat the apples with the cinnamon mixture. Spoon 2 tablespoons caramel sauce into each apple.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10x9-inch rectangle. Cut into 9 (1x10-inch) strips Press the ends of 2 pastry strips together to make 1 (1x20-inch) strip. Repeat with 6 of the remaining pastry strips. Cut 8 leaf shapes from the last pastry strip.
- Starting at the bottom, wind 1 pastry strip around 1 apple, slightly overlapping the edges of the pastry. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips and apples. Top each with 2 pastry leaves. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Serve the pastries with the ice cream.