As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #31DaysWithRotel #CollectiveBias
Just in time for the summer season, I’m sharing How to Host a Backyard Fiesta plus this delicious Grilled Taco Flatbread!
Hosting parties is just my thing during the summer months, I LOVE having friends and family over and it’s also fun to create a whole new atmosphere around a party theme. Today, I’m going to show you a few of my favorite ways to host the perfect Backyard Fiesta plus a little secret to my recipes, RO*TEL! This particular products makes this delicious Grilled Taco Flatbread the perfect addition to the party because it’s so full of wonderful flavor.
My first thought when planning out this party was to use bright colors, when I think ‘fiesta’, color is the first thing that comes to my mind. I was able to pick up some beautiful dishes and table setting props at Walmart. They actually have a beautiful line of fiesta inspired dishes right now, plus serving trays and drink dispensers too, I was trying to resist from buying everything I could find. I centered all the colors around these beautiful dishes and stuck with a muted red, turquoise, and muted orange. These colors just made me happy to look at, they are very pleasing to the eye.
Of course every table needs a little decoration, I knew the food would be the primary decoration but these little mini cacti are the perfect addition. Remember they do have lots of needles on them even though they are small. I don’t think the cashier was very pleased because she got poked with them, then I did…but aren’t they cute? They were worth it! They come in a variety of bright colors too, which fits perfectly paired alongside fresh flowers.
Now, for the food, that really is why people come, right? I decided to use RO*TEL for the Grilled Taco Flatbread and it was a hit! It has such a bold flavor that it really takes this to the next level. Plus, you can easily make better-for-you foods with it too. I even used it in the Roasted Corn Salsa too, which brings this salsa from bland to bold with a simple addition of RO*TEL.
Of course, these were the main courses but I also added traditional chips and salsa plus watermelon and chocolate churros to the mix too. I always like variety at any party, but I wanted to stay true to the fiesta theme as well. We also added some flavored soda that was in fancy bottles too. Those are fun for the kids and adults, plus the bright colors just add to the theme.
Now, it’s time to plan out your fiesta! What elements do you plan to add to yours? Be sure to check out even more Backyard Fiesta ideas here.
I’ll be sharing another setup full of new ideas and comfort foods next so stay tuned.
Be sure to head to Walmart to pick up all you need!
- 1 Pizza Dough or Gluten-Free Pizza Dough, Uncooked
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 2 Cups Lettuce
- 1 Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 Can of RO*TEL
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Catalina Dressing
- Using the prepared pizza dough, roll it out and shape it into a rectangular shape. Be sure it's thin enough for a flatbread but not too thin to tear.
- Place it on a sheet of greased foil, then set aside.
- Brown the ground beef combining with the taco seasoning per the package instructions and set aside.
- Warm the grill up to medium-high heat, then carefully place the pizza on the grill, foil side down.
- Let this grill for about 5 minutes on one side; watch it closely as the grill time may vary and you do not want the bottom to burn, just lightly toast it.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the grill and flip it over, remember it will be hot.
- At this point the uncooked side would be facing down. Working quickly, remove the foil, then spread the ranch style beans evenly on the cooked side of the pizza crust, which should be facing up.
- Let this continue grilling for about 5 minutes until the bottom is fully cooked, watch it closely.
- Once it's done, remove and top with the remaining toppings.
- Add the Catalina Dressing just before serving.