I did a post and recipe when I first started my cooking journey for Homemade Hamburger Helper. I made it again recently and thought I would post it again.
This is a great recipe for this time of year when sometimes with the holiday rush it’s ideal to get a quick and easy dinner. I love this because it’s simple but it does not involve picking up a box meal! This is a great way to add some veggies into a meal and make it an all in one dish!
Not only that but it’s a great pantry meal because likely you will have everything you need in your pantry!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 1 Cup Elbow Macaroni Noodles Cooked and Drained (I use Tinkyada for gluten free.)
- 1 lb Ground Beef Cooked and Drained
- 1 Cup Meat Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Basil
- 1/4 Cup Onion Diced
- 3 Cups Fresh Spinach Stemmed
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Once the ground beef has been fully cooked and drained return to the skillet and add in the pasta sauce.
- Let this simmer for about 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- In a separate skillet add the olive oil, basil, and onion. Let this simmer until the onions are slightly browned then add in the spinach. Cook this until the spinach wilts, next add in the noodles and toss.
- Be sure to coat all of the noodles then mix in the meat and sauce mixture.
- Mix this well and serve topped with cheese.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking