As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Enjoy a treat with Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream!
Of course with my love for pumpkin I just had to try making my own pumpkin ice cream this year! I have to say I really loved it.
I was able to use Splenda instead of real sugar which may have changed the taste a bit but at least it kept the sugar intake extremely minimal!
We topped our ice cream with a dash of cinnamon and enjoyed!
I plan to use this also in Pumpkin Pie Shakes and coffee drinks in the future too. That is one great thing about homemade ice cream, it makes enough to use for a while!
Enjoy this sweet treat!
- 4 Cups Sugar, or Splenda
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2-3 Quarts Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2
- Ice Cream Maker
- Begin by bringing the sugar and water to a rolling boil then set aside to cool.
- Mix the pumpkin puree into the water and sugar mixture. I typically whisk this in.
- Then, pour this into the ice cream maker compartment of your particular ice cream maker and add in the seasonings and vanilla. Add enough 1/2 and 1/2 to bring the mixture up to the fill line on your maker.
- Follow the remaining instructions per your ice cream maker.
- Serve topped with cinnamon.