Did I mention I am very pregnant? At this point I’m heading into 37 weeks, so at some point in the holiday season I’ll be having a baby. In saying that, I’m not sure how many new Christmas cookie recipes I’ll be trying with a newborn in the house. So, I thought I would jump on the holiday train a little early this year and share a few Christmas cookie favorites before the new baby arrives!
These Christmas Cake Batter Cookies are some of my favorites. I absolutely love using cake mixes to make cookies. It gives the perfect combination of crunchy and soft to a cookie.
To make these, I simply used a cake mix and altered the ingredients just a bit to get a nice fluffy cookie. I used a gluten free cake mix for these; however, you can use just about any cake mix you could find and get the same result!
Christmas Cake Batter Cookies
- 1 Box White or Vanilla Cake Mix or Gluten Free Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Holiday Colored Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix together the cake ingredients until the dough forms. It will be a bit more oily than typical cookie dough. I also add all the different sprinkles into the batter to give them a holiday touch. At this point I like to chill the dough for at least 2 hours in the fridge making it easier to work with.
- Spray a cookie sheet with Bake Easy or use parchment, and drop the dough in about a tablespoon size, 2 inches apart.
- This recipe made 2 dozen for us. These will bake 10-12 minutes, then remove and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Enjoy this Christmas treat!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Comments & Reviews
Excited to try these! Thank you!!