Did I mention I am very pregnant? At this point I’m heading into 37 weeks, so at some point in the holiday season I’ll be having a baby. In saying that, I’m not sure how many new Christmas cookie recipes I’ll be trying with a newborn in the house. So, I thought I would jump on the holiday train a little early this year and share a few Christmas cookie favorites before the new baby arrives!
These Christmas Cake Batter Cookies are some of my favorites. I absolutely love using cake mixes to make cookies. It gives the perfect combination of crunchy and soft to a cookie.
To make these, I simply used a cake mix and altered the ingredients just a bit to get a nice fluffy cookie. I used a gluten free cake mix for these; however, you can use just about any cake mix you could find and get the same result!
Christmas Cake Batter Cookies
- 1 Box White or Vanilla Cake Mix or Gluten Free Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Holiday Colored Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix together the cake ingredients until the dough forms. It will be a bit more oily than typical cookie dough. I also add all the different sprinkles into the batter to give them a holiday touch. At this point I like to chill the dough for at least 2 hours in the fridge making it easier to work with.
- Spray a cookie sheet with Bake Easy or use parchment, and drop the dough in about a tablespoon size, 2 inches apart.
- This recipe made 2 dozen for us. These will bake 10-12 minutes, then remove and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
Enjoy this Christmas treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.