Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day!
It’s nearly Valentine’s Day, just a few short weeks away. That means I start getting a little too crazy with the heart cookie cutters and the pink and red sprinkles!
I just knew this year that I had to make a batch of my favorite sugar cookies for Valentine’s Day. My family didn’t argue either, they were beyond excited to see these on the counter.
My daughter quickly devoured one, she loved it so much that she was covered with icing, even in her hair. That’s some serious eating!
I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe that makes soft sugar cookies. Then, I topped them with whipped frosting and sprinkles. They were simple and pretty, perfect for parties or just to surprise the family with!
If you make these gluten-free, I use this Better Batter Flour. These that you see in these pictures are made with it.
Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? Time for some cookies this weekend!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Pink & Red Sprinkles
- 2 Containers of Vanilla Whipped Frosting
- Begin by creaming the butter, adding in the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing well.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the Oven to 350*.
- Knead and roll the dough out using additional flour if needed, then use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the cookies.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, place the cut cookies on the sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then remove from oven and let cool before moving to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, put the frosting in a cake decorating bag with the 1M Wilton tip. Top the cookies with the frosting and sprinkles.