It’s that time of year again. You know the time of year where all I do all day is dream about the beach sand beneath my toes and the waves of the ocean crashing behind me…then reality hits me. We don’t live anywhere near the ocean and it’s not really likely I’ll be seeing it this year, so what is a girl to do? This girl makes Hawaiian spins on everyday recipes to make myself feel like I’m somewhere tropical.
Why yes, yes I am.
As I flipped through my Cooking Light magazine a few weeks back, I landed on these Hawaiian Hot Dogs. My immediate thought was that pineapple is really only good in Hawaii, which is true. When we went to Hawaii and had fresh pineapple with every meal I was scarred for life. It does not taste the same here on the mainland. It just doesn’t.
The next thought I had was to stop pouting about not being at the beach and whip up some Hawaiian Hot Dogs. That’s just what I did.
These were so simple, plus you can use the Hawaiian toppings for all sorts of meals including steaks or chicken throughout the week too. That means I can dream about being at the beach multiple times throughout the week. That’s worth making these!
Are you ready to give your hot dogs a makeover? Try these Hawaiian Hot Dogs!
Happy Hot Dog Eating!
Disclosure: I am a partner with Cooking Light; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Hawaiian Hot Dogs
- 1 Mango Diced
- 1 Cup Pineapple Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 Package Beef Hot Dogs Grilled
- 1 Package Hot Dog Buns or Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns
- Combine the mango, pineapple, red onion, and cilantro in a medium sized bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lime over the fruit and toss well to coat it.
- Grill the hot dogs on medium heat using an outdoor grill if you have not already.
- Place the hot dog on the bun and top with the Hawaiian toppings.