It’s that time of year that I suddenly have all things Hawaiian on the brain which includes pineapple.
I was trying with this meal to make something both easy and flavorful. It was a hit. My husband nearly ate them all!
Enjoy this kid friendly dish!
Hawaiian Chicken Sliders
- 6 Chicken Tenders
- 1 Can Sliced Pineapple Reserve Juice
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Begin by pouring enough oil to slightly cover the bottom of the skillet, then cook the chicken thoroughly.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine all soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice. Mix this well, then add in the corn starch and continue to stir.
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour the mixture onto the chicken and mix. Let this simmer until it is completely soaked into the chicken.
- I cut the tenders in half in order to use half a piece for each slider. Then, I cut the pineapple slices in half as well. Build the slider with a piece of chicken and pineapple on a Hawaiian roll.
- This recipe can also be made with flattened chicken breast cut into slices.