This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the happy egg co.. All opinions are 100% mine.
Let’s start the morning right with Hash Brown Egg Cups using the happy egg co. organic eggs! The mornings are almost always hectic around here, is it that way for you? I am typically rushing out the door to get my son to school on time. I have to say it’s HARD! My husband used to take him to school because he had to be at work at the same time, now he has a different job that is really nowhere near our son’s school, so it’s my job to get him there. Let’s just say that’s a hard feat for this mama. I have a hard time moving in the morning, plus getting my daughter going is a whole other issue.
I’m already a little scared for next year when I have to get both kids out the door on time to the same school. We have to leave super early to get there on time too because we don’t live close. That means that we have a few mornings with breakfast on-the-go and I have to say these Hash Brown Egg Cups are one of my go-to breakfast recipes. I like to make these early in the week, then we eat them throughout the week. It’s such a great combination of flavors plus protein too.
The icing on top in this case is that delicious egg, which comes from The Happy Egg Co. The eggs have a wonderful, bright yellow yolk and they NEVER use hormones. That means they are organic and from a trusted company too. The Happy Egg Co. offers both free range on pasture eggs or organic free range eggs; the best quality can be found in both. I love that their packaging is bright and stands out. I always know which eggs to grab, and even my kids do too. We have our own chickens as well, but sadly something got in them last year and we’ve had to start all over again with our eggs. I love that in the meantime I have a high quality go-to product to use that’s also affordable and they provide that organic egg that I want!
These Hash Brown Cups can be made to your specific taste. We start by filling a muffin tin with hash browns, then I bake those for about 15-20 minutes on 400*. This allows them to get a little browned before filling them. Once they are baked and carefully removed, I add in the toppings. I decided to use sausage, peppers, onions, and then top each one with an egg! I bake those and out comes a delicious little bite-size breakfast that is packed with protein and flavor.
This is a breakfast that can truly keep me going until lunchtime, what is a go-to breakfast for you?
I’d love to hear it!
Hash Brown Egg Cups
- 16 oz Package Shredded Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Ground Sausage Cooked
- 1/4 Cup Diced Green & Red Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Diced White Onion
- 12 The Happy Egg Co. Organic Eggs
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, spray all 12 tins.
- Add the hash browns evenly to each tin to make a little cup.
- Spray the top of the hash brown again with non-stick cooking spray or a little oil.
- Bake these for 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven, then add in your toppings.
- Once the toppings are added, crack an egg one by one into a small bowl and carefully place it on top of the hash brown cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400* or until the egg is fully cooked.
- Carefully remove and add cheese if preferred.
- Let cool 5 minutes before carefully releasing and serving.